+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - NOT RECEIVED VISA APPROVAL LETTER

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
So I received the passport with the student visa stamp on it but I haven’t received the letter on the gc key. Can I still travel? As my program is hybrid and need to be there before 15 jan. Please advice

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
What are you waiting for ? Your TRV is already affixed on the passport since you applied offline.

Just book the flight and go ahead provided your DLI is on the list.

POE is not required.

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
What are you waiting for ? Your TRV is already affixed on the passport since you applied offline.

Just book the flight and go ahead provided your DLI is on the list.

POE is not required.
Oh really? I applied online sds visa. 1 year course. Can I travel with this stamped visa and other visa documents - no approval letter or POE needed right?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Oh really? I applied online sds visa. 1 year course. Can I travel with this stamped visa and other visa documents - no approval letter or POE needed right?
Doesn't matter even if it's online as long as the visa is affixed. Here is the list.

You will not be required to produce any other documentation to board your flight other than :

• Valid passport,
• your study permit visa and/or your Port of Entry letter of introduction
• letter confirming the start date of your classes from you DLI (review the DLI approved list to ensure your school is listed)
• evidence of your ability to quarantine for 14 days prior to studying ( ArriveCan )
• evidence that you have enough money to support yourself

Reactions: Slyar

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Doesn't matter even if it's online as long as the visa is affixed. Here is the list.

You will not be required to produce any other documentation to board your flight other than :

• Valid passport,
• your study permit visa and/or your Port of Entry letter of introduction
• letter confirming the start date of your classes from you DLI (review the DLI approved list to ensure your school is listed)
• evidence of your ability to quarantine for 14 days prior to studying ( ArriveCan )
• evidence that you have enough money to support yourself
oh perfect! Then I can I have all of the above in place - just didn’t have letter of introduction / POE

did you reach there already??

NavKaur12

Dec 25, 2020
So I received the passport with the student visa stamp on it but I haven’t received the letter on the gc key. Can I still travel? As my program is hybrid and need to be there before 15 jan. Please advice
Hii
I received Mail for passport submission so it means my visa is approved ??

Kashish77

May 14, 2021
Have you got your Poe letter bro

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
It clearly says "and/or" and the source is from Canada in India's Facebook handle.

I am up for the Spring intake, still preparing.
I don’t know about the other countries’ applicants but there are a ton vietnamese applicants were in trouble lately because they couldn’t provide POE to the immigration officers.
The part “and/or” is still dificult to make sure you would not get similar issue. A better solution is to raise a webform to IRCC to ask about the POE, and if they say that in your particular case, you don’t need one, then print out the conversation with IRCC to bring with you thru your travel and you would be 100% worry-free.