Jul 30, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
I just submitted my EE application under NOC code 1241 and realized if I should change it to 1221... My title was Office Administrator (this title is in 1221) but at the time of submitting I thought my duties match 1241 (Administrative assistants) more closely. It was my first job out of school here in Canada. This is a wedding video company. Please help. Should I raise web form immediately and change it from 1241 to 1221?

Here are my duties from recommendation letter:
Answer telephones, new enquiry intakes, schedule meetings with clients and crew
 Set up and maintain all company files for clients, vendor and employees as well as maintain and
update database system in SQL and Microsoft Access
 Coordinate internal meetings, take minutes notes and distribute tasks accordingly
 Liaise with event planners and clients to obtain information required for scheduled shoots and
events; prepare crew call sheets including booking and coordinating travel for shoots
 Order office supplies and process purchase orders; expedite all deliverables to clients and business
associates
 Tracking, processing and archiving of projects
 Create and distribute invoices and follow up on outstanding accounts receivable
 Working on a daily basis in a support role duty to CEO, support entails review around company
protocols, update on production flow and an overview of accounts receivable etc.

This is noc 1241 - Administrative assistants
Administrative assistants perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional employers. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
  • Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
  • Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
  • Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
  • Order office supplies and maintain inventory
  • Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
  • Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
  • Determine and establish office procedures
  • Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
  • Record and prepare minutes of meetings
  • Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
  • May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
  • May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.
  • May organize conferences

And this is 1221 - Administrative officers
Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this group.
  • Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
  • Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
  • Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
  • Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
  • Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
  • Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
  • Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
  • Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
  • May supervise records management technicians and related staff.