+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP NEEDED !!!

Rgds

Jan 18, 2013
Greetings,

I & my wife was granted a Permanent Residence in year 2010. we stayed in Canada for 21 days. I was working as an accountant in UAE-Dubai and my employer required a notice period of at least six-months to leave the job .Our intention was to return to Canada in a year time by winding all the matters.

In year 2011, my sister-in-law made a false allegation of dowry harassment and assaults' and a legal case was registered by her. Which includes my wife & other six members (6) of my wife family. My name was excluded from the case, as i was not present in the country ( working in UAE 2006-2018 ).
After Several months & years of hearings in court of law, in mid year of 2018, the court had passed a judgment was in our favor. ( Judgement Copy Available ).

Worst was not over for me at , I learnt my father was not keep well. I shifted to India, in 2018.
In year june-2018 my father was hospitalized with heart disease and passed away in August 2018. It took almost a year time to come out of immense loss.
Kindly let me know if we can appeal to Canadian high commission to issue Permanent Travel Residence Document (PTRD).

Thanks and awaiting positive reply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Greetings,

I & my wife was granted a Permanent Residence in year 2010. we stayed in Canada for 21 days. I was working as an accountant in UAE-Dubai and my employer required a notice period of at least six-months to leave the job .Our intention was to return to Canada in a year time by winding all the matters.

In year 2011, my sister-in-law made a false allegation of dowry harassment and assaults' and a legal case was registered by her. Which includes my wife & other six members (6) of my wife family. My name was excluded from the case, as i was not present in the country ( working in UAE 2006-2018 ).
After Several months & years of hearings in court of law, in mid year of 2018, the court had passed a judgment was in our favor. ( Judgement Copy Available ).

Worst was not over for me at , I learnt my father was not keep well. I shifted to India, in 2018.
In year june-2018 my father was hospitalized with heart disease and passed away in August 2018. It took almost a year time to come out of immense loss.
Kindly let me know if we can appeal to Canadian high commission to issue Permanent Travel Residence Document (PTRD).

Thanks and awaiting positive reply.
You can certainly apply for a PRTD under H&C.

In my opinion your chances of being approved are pretty much zero. You never really established yourselves in Canada after getting PR back in 2010, you've spent extremely little time in Canada since becoming PRs, and your H&C arguments are very weak and show you could have made it a priority to return to Canada years ago (but didn't). Your primary reason for remaining outside of Canada was due to employment and working in the UAE. Employment reasons aren't accepted under H&C as a reason for failing to meet the residency obligation.

So you can certainly try applying. But be prepared for the extremely high possibility you're going to be refused.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree. You remaiNed in the UAE working when you could have relocated and worked in Canada. There was nothing stopping you from moving.