+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed!!

aks11191

Apr 4, 2019
While filling PR Application, i came across one question -
Has been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

My case - Working on closed WP (ICT), my first WP got expired after 3 months of work, then i submit the application for WP extension and after 3 months, got my extended WP (or new WP) for another 2 years. So overall, i worked for the same employer (mentioned on my WP) for more than a year.

Please advise whether in my case, answer should be yes or no? I am confused with Current Work Permit mentioned in the question :(

Thank you in advance...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
While filling PR Application, i came across one question -
Has been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

My case - Working on closed WP (ICT), my first WP got expired after 3 months of work, then i submit the application for WP extension

Well, now, it is very important to clarify whether you submitted your new work permit application before or after your first WP expired, as well as wether you continued to work while your work permit application was still in process. The way you wrote this, it sounds like you applied after it expired, which would mean that you were NOT permitted to work while waiting for the new permit.

and after 3 months, got my extended WP (or new WP) for another 2 years. So overall, i worked for the same employer (mentioned on my WP) for more than a year.

If you have authorized work experience of at least 52 weeks with the same employer who is named on your current work permit, then you can answer yes. (This alone does not mean you qualify as having a valid job offer). It does not say that you have to work for a year on a single work permit.

Reactions: aks11191

aks11191

Apr 4, 2019
I submitted application for WP extension before my first WP expired and i worked during the processing time of application. In my current WP, it is mentioned that my Temporary resident status has been maintained.

Regarding job offer, i have offer letter from employer on which he has mentioned that i am offering you a job for 2 years where almost 1 year has been passed.