VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Escobar Gaviria said:
I am not sure if you're even aware of Doctor's duty hours and everything?

We work on IRRESPECTIVE of gazetted holidays/Christmas/Eid/Diwali.

So, yeah! I was working on new year's eve.
I was just checking as you seem to be a dr with no basic calculus skills.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
DelPiero07 said:
I think there were some changes a while ago. CEC work experience need not be continuous anymore.

;)
But he said he worked in the states, not Canada...

Karshokr

Nov 29, 2016
Hey guys,

I'm in Canada on a Post-grad work permit that expires towards the end of December and I'm obviously trying to stay. My employer is applying for an LMIA in about a week or so, just finalizing the application now, and by mid-December I'll have entered my name into the Express Entry pool (waiting to do the English test and get the results, even though it's been my first language for 25 years.

cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/work/low-skill.asp - here it says you can apply for a work permit extension as you are awaiting the news on your LMIA. Even if this application doesn't get accepted, I plan to use it as a stalling tactic to allow me to continue working until I either a) get a positive LMIA, or b) get an ITA for PR. As a UK citizen who last entered Canada late September, I have legal status until end of March, by which time hopefully one of these avenues will have worked out.

Any ideas, tips, hints, do's or don'ts? I know it's a general question, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

jtin

Nov 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
You need to have had the same job for 1 year to qualify.

You had several jobs in this time so I do not believe you qualify.
I thought it needs to add up to 1 year of full time paid employment in Canada, doesn't matter if you hold 2-3 positions within that year.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jtin said:
I thought it needs to add up to 1 year of full time paid employment in Canada, doesn't matter if you hold 2-3 positions within that year.
OP worked outside of Canada.

Cheers :)