+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed

kingyatta

Oct 20, 2016
Hi I'm new. I applied for pr for my wife back in 2015. In September of 2016 she was called for an interview. At the end of the interview the officer said she was satisfied with all the information and will contact her but to date haven't heard back anything. Any idea how long more we have to wait.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
kingyatta said:
Hi I'm new. I applied for pr for my wife back in 2015. In September of 2016 she was called for an interview. At the end of the interview the officer said she was satisfied with all the information and will contact her but to date haven't heard back anything. Any idea how long more we have to wait.
I suppose it may take couple of months after the interview. Try checking e-cas regularly and also monitor your email/physical mail regularly for any updates.

kingyatta

Oct 20, 2016
My wife is currently in Canada with me on a visitor visa. Will they mail the final document or will she have to go back o her home country.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
kingyatta said:
My wife is currently in Canada with me on a visitor visa. Will they mail the final document or will she have to go back o her home country.
Oh so it's not pr card renewal? I thought that you applied for pr card renewal for your wife.
I suppose you applied outside Canada, correct? If yes, which country?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kingyatta said:
they will mail the final documents to whatever address she lists in her application. there is no rule that states her address can't be in canada. if she has come to canada since submitting her application, then you will want to send a case specific inquiry to the visa office and request her mailing address be changed to where she is. she can be in canada as a visitor or on a work/study permit while her application processes. more than likely, the PPR letter she receives will have instructions for how to send her passport to OTtawa for processing if she is currently in canada. this is very common.

it's important for her to keep her status current, and apply to extend her stay if her current visa will expire before her application is approved. once she received her approval paper and visa in her passport, she can go to a land border to do the landing procedure.

kingyatta

Oct 20, 2016
Application was received December 2015 and interview was done September 2016. Still waiting on an answer!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
So if its outland application and the address is either Guyana or Trinidad, the processing times as per CIC's website is 10 months. As interview was requested, it might can take few more months after the test.

All you can do is to check ecas/email and physical mail properly.

Is the address mentioned for correspondance is: Canada or Guyana or Trinidad?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
kingyatta said:
Mailing address is Canada
I suppose you changed the mailing address to Canada once your wife was here on visitor visa correct or it was always Canada?
If the previous address was mentioned as Guyana or Trinidad, is there someone there to look the mails?

kingyatta

Oct 20, 2016
Just don't understand why they are taking so long this application was sent since June 2015 but it says they received it till in December and the process started in March. I thought the interview was the final stage since they had requested new medical and police check before the interview. We are both frustrated with the long wait.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
kingyatta said:
Just don't understand why they are taking so long this application was sent since June 2015 but it says they received it till in December and the process started in March. I thought the interview was the final stage since they had requested new medical and police check before the interview. We are both frustrated with the long wait.
Please be patient and hopefully soon your wife will receive PR visa. Good luck and best wishes to you! Keep checking e-cas/email/physical mail regularly :)

kingyatta

Oct 20, 2016
So tomorrow gonna be 2 months since interview was completed and still no answer yet. Is this good or bad???