+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed with regards to Express Entry/FSWP skilled work experience eligibility

MaT29

Sep 12, 2021
Hello,

Could someone support me to answer one particular question properly in EE/FSWP eligibility questionnaire?
This is the question with regards to skilled work experience stated below:

"In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation."

If I have experience in one particular NOC as follows:
- May 2020 - August 2021
- Sept 2014 - Dec 2017
Total: 4 years 8 months

1. For this question, can I choose Four to Five years as my experience is within one NOC (as my primary occupation), even though it was interrupted while I was holding different occupation (different NOC) in between?
2. Can I also add this different NOC for CRS points later on and will I be granted additional points for it (other than my primary occupation NOC)?

Thank you in advance, I would very much appreciate your help!

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
1. Yes
2. Yes
You only need 12 months of continuous experience within 1 NOC to be eligible. Other than that you can count total months/years of experience in different jobs in NOC 0,A,B no problem.

MaT29

Sep 12, 2021
1. Yes
2. Yes
You only need 12 months of continuous experience within 1 NOC to be eligible. Other than that you can count total months/years of experience in different jobs in NOC 0,A,B no problem.
Thank you very much for very clear answer.

I would use this opportunity and clarify just on thing.
For my initial 1st question, it is must to identify only # of years in 1 NOC, and I can’t mix and match here, right?

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Thank you very much for very clear answer.

I would use this opportunity and clarify just on thing.
For my initial 1st question, it is must to identify the only # of years in 1 NOC, and I can’t mix and match here, right?
If you calculate your FSW 67 point grid, you need to choose primary NOC, you limit FSW calculation to that NOC only.

For CRS computation, any work experience (NOC 0/A/B) within the last 10 years are counted to get the maximum allowed points

So the answer is Yes, only counted your primary NOC in FSW eligibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaT29

MaT29

Sep 12, 2021
If you calculate your FSW 67 point grid, you need to choose primary NOC, you limit FSW calculation to that NOC only.

For CRS computation, any work experience (NOC 0/A/B) within the last 10 years are counted to get the maximum allowed points

So the answer is Yes, only counted your primary NOC in FSW eligibility.
Thank you very much, really appreciate your help!

Reactions: cycy_304