+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed with NOC Code match (2146)

rotoms90

Jun 4, 2017
Hi all,

I'm very new here and this is my first post, so please bear with me. I am currently completing my application for Permanent Residency. I just received my Experience letter from my employer. My job title is: Product Development Engineer. I'm trying to get a second opinion as to whether the duties listed are a good match with the NOC duties.

My duties, as listed by my employer are:
  • Design and develop whole airplane parachute systems, using a combination of computer aided modeling and simulation.
  • Develop new solid fuel rocket systems using mathematical analysis models.
  • Manage installation projects associated with BRS systems. Coordinate with aircraft manufacturers to develop assembly line and retrofit installation methods.
  • Provide customers with design guidance and technical analysis reports during system development phases.
  • Prepare system assembly and installation manuals, interface control documents and instructions for continued airworthiness.
  • Participate in FAA certification efforts, including, but not limited to, in-flight tests, parachute drop tests and static structural tests.
  • Prepare part specifications, drawings and production process specifications.
  • Plan, execute and prepare reports on ground extraction tests. Analyze system performance to identify component failure(s), and redesign components as necessary.
  • Optimize legacy products in terms of weight and manufacturing costs.
The duties listed under NOC 2146 are:

Aerospace engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Design and develop aerospace vehicles, systems and components such as aircraft, spacecraft, missiles, satellites and space-based communication systems
  • Develop and conduct computer simulations of aerospace vehicles, systems and components using advanced mathematical modelling
  • Prepare specifications for materials and processes to be used in aerospace manufacturing, maintenance, repair or modification
  • Supervise and co-ordinate the manufacturing, assembly, modification, repair and overhaul of aircraft and spacecraft
  • Co-ordinate ground and flight tests of air and spacecraft
  • Develop operational specifications, maintenance schedules and manuals for operators
  • Develop the technical phases of logistical and operational support for aerospace vehicles and systems
  • Investigate and report on structural or other component or system failures, accidents or incidents and prepare recommendations for corrective action.

Could any of the members here please let me know if this seems like a could match to you? From your opinions, I could ask my employer to tweak the job duties as required.

Thank you very much in advance.

Yousef_Khan

Mar 27, 2017
Hi mate, I'm an applicant from the Noc 2146 as well. It's always a good idea to make sure that it matches around 50 60% of the Noc description. In your case I think it does and is good to go forth with.

rbhargavak

Jun 13, 2021
Hi
I know this is an old post, but can you tell me if the description in your Experience Letter worked for you?
I have applied with the name NOC code and worked as a Junior Engineer (not AME) in the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul of helicopter airframes.
thank you

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
I have NOC Code 2146 as well:
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2146&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

Do the duties below match enough with 3 of the bullet points (1st, 2nd and last per NOC 2146) ? I am a structural analysis engineer, so my primary job is computer modeling.

•Develop and document stress analysis models, utilize existing structural analysis tools, and/or perform hand calculations to substantiate the structural integrity of installation designs with oversight from senior engineers and FAA designees
• Develop and document LRU cooling analysis models and/or perform hand calculations to substantiate the cooling requirements of installed and/or replaced LRUs
• Develop and document electrical load analysis models, utilize existing and/or create customized electrical load analysis tools to substantiate the electrical
integrity of installation designs
• Develop and document damage tolerance analysis models using the results from stress analysis as input boundary conditions
• Develop, perform and direct model meshing and validation
• Works with mechanical design engineers, electrical systems engineers, project managers and analysis engineers to develop analysis strategy
• Actively assists project management and engineering team in solving internal and external analysis/certification-related challenges
• Works in conjunction with ODA UM/DER resources to develop all quantitative certification-related documents and deliverables