+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed urgently... Please help seniors

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
I need help in the following scenario:-

I started working in a Trucking company as Customer Service Rep. from 4 April 2016. But after one month of paid training(i.e 2 May) the company promoted me as Administrative officer. Since then i have been working in the company as full time administrative officer. For the first three months i had basic Ontario pay of $11.5. but soon after my probation period ended . My pay increased to $14 from 1 August 2016. I am going to apply under Canadian Exp Class. So my question are
  • when does my one year of experience gets completed ? ( May 2 or Aug 1)
  • If exp gets completed on May 2 , does working on minimum pay affects my application. ( right now pay is $16 though)
  • I went for one month of vacation 12 Feb - 20 Mar( I did got 4% vacation pay on the check before I went for the vacation.) is the vacation period going to be counted towards experience or not?
Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the long post
thanks in advance

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I need help in the following scenario:
  • when does my one year of experience gets completed ? ( May 2 or Aug 1) It starts on May 2, 2016.

• If exp gets completed on May 2 , does working on minimum pay affects my application. ( right now pay is $16 though) Not a problem, but the letter from your employer should explain the starting pay and the raise, as well as the benefits (e.g. 4% vacation pay).
  • I went for one month of vacation 12 Feb - 20 Mar( I did got 4% vacation pay on the check before I went for the vacation.) is the vacation period going to be counted towards experience or not?
    You can count 2 weeks as paid vacation (this counts as employment), the rest should be considered unpaid leave of absence (does not count as employment). That is because 4% is equivalent to 2 weeks. So you will need an extra 3 weeks to complete the year. Not a problem, you've already done that, right? : )

Reactions: jsjaspreet93

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Thanks a lot Buddy...
Yeah I have full support from my employer... he is willing to give me everything I need... and I guess I am done with the experience now... Could you help me in telling what kind of format is appropriate for reference/employment letter?
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks a lot Buddy...
Yeah I have full support from my employer... he is willing to give me everything I need... and I guess I am done with the experience now... Could you help me in telling what kind of format is appropriate for reference/employment letter?
Just a standard business format. All the required information for the letter is detailed here, under "Proof of work experience."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Harsh1992

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Hii...I am on the same boat. has everything gone good?? Have you got any issues regarding working on minimum wages at probation period??
Can you help me out please??
I need help in the following scenario:-

I started working in a Trucking company as Customer Service Rep. from 4 April 2016. But after one month of paid training(i.e 2 May) the company promoted me as Administrative officer. Since then i have been working in the company as full time administrative officer. For the first three months i had basic Ontario pay of $11.5. but soon after my probation period ended . My pay increased to $14 from 1 August 2016. I am going to apply under Canadian Exp Class. So my question are
  • when does my one year of experience gets completed ? ( May 2 or Aug 1)
  • If exp gets completed on May 2 , does working on minimum pay affects my application. ( right now pay is $16 though)
Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the long post
thanks in advance