+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed to fill out the Travel Document Application

bhumyinder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Dear Seniors,

Would you be able to help me fill out the below question in Travel Doc App Form:

1. Point 14. "Your Activities and Employment - Give details of what you have been doing for past 5 years. Include jobs held, periods of unemployment, time spent studying etc. If you became a permanent resident 5 years ago : List your activities and employment from the time you became permanent resident."

So I need to know what should I fill in From and To date since I have been working under my current company for 3 years and still continuing to work. Also, do I have to mention the details of my company prior to this in order to reflect the entire 5 year span.

Note: I landed on 6th May 2014 and returned back on 10th May 2014.

2. In Supporting Docs they have advised following:

- A Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- An expired PR card
- Employment Documents
- Financial Documents
- Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment forms

So I need to know if I produce Confirmation of Permanent Residence - then does it have to be the original or copy of the same.

Please respond at the earliest.

Many thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
bhumyinder said:
Dear Seniors,

Would you be able to help me fill out the below question in Travel Doc App Form:

1. Point 14. "Your Activities and Employment - Give details of what you have been doing for past 5 years. Include jobs held, periods of unemployment, time spent studying etc. If you became a permanent resident 5 years ago : List your activities and employment from the time you became permanent resident."

So I need to know what should I fill in From and To date since I have been working under my current company for 3 years and still continuing to work. Also, do I have to mention the details of my company prior to this in order to reflect the entire 5 year span.

Note: I landed on 6th May 2014 and returned back on 10th May 2014.

2. In Supporting Docs they have advised following:

- A Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- An expired PR card
- Employment Documents
- Financial Documents
- Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment forms

So I need to know if I produce Confirmation of Permanent Residence - then does it have to be the original or copy of the same.

Please respond at the earliest.

Many thanks
It does specifically say "If you became a permanent resident 5 years ago : List your activities and employment from the time you became permanent resident." I would think the easisest way to answer this question would be to state in that response that you just landed and became a PR on May 6 2014.

That should show them you do indeed have plenty of time to meet the RO.

bhumyinder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Alurra71 said:
It does specifically say "If you became a permanent resident 5 years ago : List your activities and employment from the time you became permanent resident." I would think the easisest way to answer this question would be to state in that response that you just landed and became a PR on May 6 2014.

That should show them you do indeed have plenty of time to meet the RO.

That's "From" date and what about "To" date. Also would it be possible for you to answer my 2nd question.

Many thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
bhumyinder said:
That's "From" date and what about "To" date. Also would it be possible for you to answer my 2nd question.

Many thanks
the from date would be May 6 when you landed to whatever the date is that you landed. You haven't been a PR for the last 5 years. You have been a pr for the last 5 weeks. Again, I should think if you state you landed in May 2014 and then put the date you sign the application in the 'to' field it will be sufficient.

Of course a photocopy of your COPR would be acceptable. They don't want you to send the original document.