+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed! reapplying & need 2nd opinion on prev GCMS notes

Clim18

Oct 3, 2019
Hi all dear forum member,

I applied PR last April 2019 and get a refusal due to incomplete document (I have the document right now) and would like to re-apply, however i ordered my GCMS notes from last application and get some review required note, I would like to get 2nd opinion regarding those notes and how to handle it better to smooth out my next application

Case Background:

Education :

International student completed 2yr Post graduation in Accounting

Foreign Work exp : graphic designer for 3 yrs back in my home country

Canadian Work exp : working as a part time Food & bev Server during my school year, Felt that I have passion in this field better than Accounting, I tried to get hire as an Assistant manager / Supervisory role, after working for 2 years as an Assistant Manager, I applied for my PR
** note : i work as part time asst manager in 2 restaurant, same restaurant but different location restaurant A: 24 hour/week, restaurant B 8 hour/week

1st PR application result :
Due to incomplete document - I claimed sibling points and did not provide the document - my points drop down and I got a refusal letter on Oct 2019. 100% it was my mistake and I have the document right now that will support points i claimed

1st PR application GCMS notes:
I ordered GCMS notes around September (before my application got refused), I got some Review Required notes on my job experience that made me feels not confident at all submitting my 2nd PR application, I would like to get some second opinion from fellow member of this forum (I did consult with some 2 lawyer regarding this issue, however I'm still in doubt as lawyer can say anything to get you sign the paper and retain them)

Help needed:
Below is a portion of my GCMS notes regarding foreign job exp & Canadian job exp. -personal information edited-

or more WORK EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2019-04-26 EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Diploma/Certificate: ACCOUNTING-CAN 2017-03 to 2019-04 - Assistant Manager (NOC: 0631) - at xxxxxx ONTARIO INC - xxxxxxxx - eDoc# 291934671 - Letter dated 2019-04-19 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. NOTE: HTTPS://WWW.XXXXXXXXX.CA/ -Letter confirms salary of $$$$$$/Year - Letter confirms part/time (8hrs/week) employment - Documented Income Provided: Both a T4 and a NOA from 2017/2018 (eDoc# 291934671) CEC Work: 0 years and 6.9 months. CRS Canadian Work: 0 years and 6.9 months. 2017-03 to 2019-04 - Assistant Manager (NOC: 0631) - at xxxxxxx Ontario Inc. - xxxxxxxx Toronto *REVIEW REQUIRED* - eDoc# 291935062 - Web-based search confirms employer information NOTE: HTTPS://WWW.xxxxxxxx.CA/ CLIENT HAS NOT PROVIDED PROOF SHE MEETS THE EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS IN FOOD SERVICE ADMINISTRATION, HOTEL, RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT , HOSPITALITY OR FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICE MANAGEMENT AS PER PER NOC CODE 0631. REVIEW REQUIRED. - Letter confirms salary of $$$$$/year - Letter confirms part/time (8hrs/week) employment 2010-04 to 2013-05 - Graphic Designer (NOC: 5241) - at xxxxxxxxxx - eDoc# 291939471 - Letter dated 2018-08-20 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. NOTE: UNABLE TO VERIFY EMPLOYER WEBSITE - Letter confirms salary of $$$$$$$/MONTH - Letter confirms full/time employment; CRS Foreign Work: 3 years and 2 months. CEC Work: 7 month(s) of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED CRS Foreign Work: 3+ year(s) CRS Canadian Work: 7 month(s) of 2 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED

the issue red highlighted above are my concern for my next PR application, I need your input and suggestion regarding those issue.
1. Does this means i wont be able to use my work experience?
2. Do any of you think i should use lawyer and consultant help to prepare the document better?
3. I mentioned that i seek help from 2 lawyer, 1 of them said that i have to give LOE and provide reason why my employer hiring me ins of someone that have education background, the other 1 said I'm fine and they will help me prepare everything once i retain them
4. regarding the website of the foreign country company, it is really common for companies in my home country for not having websites, i work for a print production company which have exist for almost over 30yr ish, they dont need a website to keep their business running

Any kind of input and suggestion will be appreciated

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Canadian Work exp : working as a part time Food & bev Server during my school year, Felt that I have passion in this field better than Accounting, I tried to get hire as an Assistant manager / Supervisory role, after working for 2 years as an Assistant Manager, I applied for my PR
** note : i work as part time asst manager in 2 restaurant, same restaurant but different location restaurant A: 24 hour/week, restaurant B 8 hour/week

or more WORK EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2019-04-26 EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Diploma/Certificate: ACCOUNTING-CAN 2017-03 to 2019-04 - Assistant Manager (NOC: 0631) - at xxxxxx ONTARIO INC - xxxxxxxx - eDoc# 291934671 - Letter dated 2019-04-19 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. NOTE: HTTPS://WWW.XXXXXXXXX.CA/ -Letter confirms salary of $$$$$$/Year - Letter confirms part/time (8hrs/week) employment - Documented Income Provided: Both a T4 and a NOA from 2017/2018 (eDoc# 291934671) CEC Work: 0 years and 6.9 months. CRS Canadian Work: 0 years and 6.9 months. 2017-03 to 2019-04 - Assistant Manager (NOC: 0631) - at xxxxxxx Ontario Inc. - xxxxxxxx Toronto *REVIEW REQUIRED* - eDoc# 291935062 - Web-based search confirms employer information NOTE: HTTPS://WWW.xxxxxxxx.CA/ CLIENT HAS NOT PROVIDED PROOF SHE MEETS THE EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS IN FOOD SERVICE ADMINISTRATION, HOTEL, RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT , HOSPITALITY OR FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICE MANAGEMENT AS PER PER NOC CODE 0631. REVIEW REQUIRED. - Letter confirms salary of $$$$$/year - Letter confirms part/time (8hrs/week) employment 2010-04 to 2013-05 - Graphic Designer (NOC: 5241) - at xxxxxxxxxx - eDoc# 291939471 - Letter dated 2018-08-20 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. NOTE: UNABLE TO VERIFY EMPLOYER WEBSITE - Letter confirms salary of $$$$$$$/MONTH - Letter confirms full/time employment; CRS Foreign Work: 3 years and 2 months. CEC Work: 7 month(s) of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED CRS Foreign Work: 3+ year(s) CRS Canadian Work: 7 month(s) of 2 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED
Note that for both of the entries for the restaurant work, it states 8 hours per week. They only gave you credit for 7 FTE months of work, which is very confusing given the numbers you provided; it also means that you might have been refused on those grounds as well (unless this information would have been corrected on review).

So, yes, I would say you still need to work on this, at the very least because what you are claiming is not clear to the agent. It´s hard to suggest how to improve this without actually seeing the letter(s) of reference. Are the two restaurants actually two separate businesses, or one business with two sites?

There is no "education" requirement for CEC (with the exception of regulated occupations, like nurses, lawyers, mechanics, etc.). I think when a VO flags this, there are other doubts about the validity of the claimed experience.

For example, I don´t think it is credible to claim to be an assistant manager when you only work at a restaurant 8 hours (1 day) per week. But if both restaurants are the same business, it makes more sense.

Did your letters of reference explain that you worked as a server before becoming an Asst Manager?