+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed! Proof of intent-more evidences requested by RICC

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Any outland applicants would like to share what kind of evidences you provided to prove that you and your sponsor will move back to Canada?
Background: Sponsor is doing part time MBA in US and will be graduating next June. PA is from visa required country.
I just got an letter from RICC asking for more proof.
I have submitted:
1.Canadian bank statement (Joint account)
2. Letter from mother-in-law (providing us accommodation)
3. Property purchase offer (buyer didn't accept our offer tho)
4. Explanation letter (family tie, better educational resource for our kid, PA has master degree from a Canadian university)
5. Correspondence with daycare provider

Plan to add a few more:
1. Correspondence with moving company
2. Correspondence with recruiter
3. Correspondence with local realtor asking about selling our property in US (is it a good idea?)

I have no idea what else we can provide. Before my application gets approved, my sponsor can't tell his current employee our plan. And, it is hard to find a job in Canada before graduation/moving back.

Any suggestion will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Reactions: oconnor87

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Any outland applicants would like to share what kind of evidences you provided to prove that you and your sponsor will move back to Canada?
Background: Sponsor is doing part time MBA in US and will be graduating next June. PA is from visa required country.
I just got an letter from RICC asking for more proof.
I have submitted:
1.Canadian bank statement (Joint account)
2. Letter from mother-in-law (providing us accommodation)
3. Property purchase offer (buyer didn't accept our offer tho)
4. Explanation letter (family tie, better educational resource for our kid, PA has master degree from a Canadian university)
5. Correspondence with daycare provider

Plan to add a few more:
1. Correspondence with moving company
2. Correspondence with recruiter
3. Correspondence with local realtor asking about selling our property in US (is it a good idea?)

I have no idea what else we can provide. Before my application gets approved, my sponsor can't tell his current employee our plan. And, it is hard to find a job in Canada before graduation/moving back.

Any suggestion will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
I think that MBA is going to be a problem. Because you have a timeline that commits you to NOT moving to Canada immediately after PR is granted, they will be hard to convince, regardless of how you try to prove otherwise. In some cases from the Middle East, they actually expected the sponsor to resign from their jobs and cancel their visas as proof of their intent.

Reactions: scylla

coka_kola

Nov 25, 2014
I think that when they ask for proof, it can mean 2 things: 1) give us other kinds of information/proof or 2) more clearly explain how the information you have given them are connected. In terms of possibility 2, in your mind, you have given them a lot of "proof" and how those pieces explain your intentions is very clear to YOU. But if you think from their point of view, they are looking for any justification/reason that they can approve you. You have to connect the story for them. It's not their job to figure it out. You have to clearly say it to them. They are not required to guess/assume for you.

Tip #1 - Explain the Process/Plan & Connect the Dots for Them
Instead of just explaining the WHY you will come back, you must explain to them the PLAN, the PROCESS, and the TIMELINE. Make an itinerary. For example, tell them when your PA will finish the MBA and what happens after that. Why is your PA doing a degree in the US? What relevance does that have to Canada? What companies has he contacted in Canada about employment? Tell them how old your child is and why daycare is needed (e.g. husband will work, you will work). Tell them where your mother-in-law lives, how much space she has in her house, and from what general date you expect to start living with her. Tell them whether the living arrangement is temporary or long-term. If temporary, explain your plans after that.

The more detailed and planned everything is, the more they will believe you. It proves that you have THOUGHT OUT every detail that a person expecting to live in Canada will have thought about. What you have told them may have sounded like someone who WOULD LIKE TO live in Canada, not someone who is coming from the mindset of I WILL BE in Canada. What does that mean? It means thinking of the requirements and timelines and documents and applications for health insurance, transferring funds, birth certificates, passports, job offers, etc. A person expecting to live in Canada will have thought of many of these issues and how to solve them. They will have a timeline.

You mention that you submitted bank statements. What does that mean? It means you have money sitting in an account - so it means nothing. Do you know how to transfer that money to Canada? When will you do it? Do you know how long it takes? Do you know the associated charges? Do you know the tax implications? Do you know any reporting of world income you must do to Canada Revenue Agency?

Tip #2 - Money Talks
Paying some money can help prove your commitment. Sure, you may lose money if you change your plans, but making a financial committment is a good sign that you plan to be there. Register and pay for the daycare. Register and pay for other services.

Tip #3 - Dig Up Old Emails
If you or your PA ever told anyone that you planned to move back to Canada in the future, find those emails and submit them. Basically, you are using a historical record to establish your future intentions. Having past history can help support the idea that your application now has been thought about and planned long ago.

Tip #4 - Establish a Record
Have your PA start applying for jobs. If companies reject him, include those rejection letters. Have him take phone interviews. Include those emails scheduling the interviews and the results of those interviews. Or have him start emailing to inquire about work opportunities. Ask Canada Revenue Agency about implications of transferring overseas funds into Canada and any reporting or tax-related requirements - get this in email or writing.

In summary, don't make them think. Explain your plan in detail. Don't tell them what you WILL do. Try to tell them anything you HAVE DONE (registered and paid for daycare), submitted your letter of resignation from your job, PA has applied for jobs, PA has had interviews, you and PA have told others that you plan on moving to Canada in the future, you have paid a deposit to a moving company, etc.

These are just some thoughts, good luck!

Derek

Reactions: zardoz

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I think that when they ask for proof, it can mean 2 things: 1) give us other kinds of information/proof or 2) more clearly explain how the information you have given them are connected. In terms of possibility 2, in your mind, you have given them a lot of "proof" and how those pieces explain your intentions is very clear to YOU. But if you think from their point of view, they are looking for any justification/reason that they can approve you. You have to connect the story for them. It's not their job to figure it out. You have to clearly say it to them. They are not required to guess/assume for you.

Instead of just explaining the WHY you will come back, you must explain to them the PLAN, the PROCESS, and the TIMELINE. Make an itinerary. For example, tell them when your PA will finish the MBA and what happens after that. Why is your PA doing a degree in the US? What relevance does that have to Canada? What companies has he contacted in Canada about employment? Tell them how old your child is and why daycare is needed (e.g. husband will work, you will work). Tell them where your mother-in-law lives, how much space she has in her house, and from what general date you expect to start living with her. Tell them whether the living arrangement is temporary or long-term. If temporary, explain your plans after that.

The more detailed and planned everything is, the more they will believe you. It proves that you have THOUGHT OUT every detail that a person expecting to live in Canada will have thought about. What you have told them may have sounded like someone who WOULD LIKE TO live in Canada, not someone who is coming from the mindset of I WILL BE in Canada. What does that mean? It means thinking of the requirements and timelines and documents and applications for health insurance, transferring funds, birth certificates, passports, job offers, etc. A person expecting to live in Canada will have thought of many of these issues and how to solve them. They will have a timeline.

You mention that you submitted bank statements. What does that mean? It means you have money sitting in an account - so it means nothing. Do you know how to transfer that money to Canada? When will you do it? Do you know how long it takes? Do you know the associated charges? Do you know the tax implications? Do you know any reporting of world income you must do to Canada Revenue Agency?

Tip #2 - Money Talks
Paying some money can help prove your commitment. Sure, you may lose money if you change your plans, but making a financial committment is a good sign that you plan to be there. Register and pay for the daycare. Register and pay for other services.

If you or your PA ever told anyone that you planned to move back to Canada in the future, find those emails and submit them. Basically, you are using a historical record to establish your future intentions. Having past history can help support the idea that your application now has been thought about and planned long ago.

Have your PA start applying for jobs. If companies reject him, include those rejection letters. Have him take phone interviews. Include those emails scheduling the interviews and the results of those interviews. Or have him start emailing to inquire about work opportunities. Ask Canada Revenue Agency about implications of transferring overseas funds into Canada and any reporting or tax-related requirements - get this in email or writing.

In summary, don't make them think. Explain your plan in detail. Don't tell them what you WILL do. Try to tell them anything you HAVE DONE (registered and paid for daycare), submitted your letter of resignation from your job, PA has applied for jobs, PA has had interviews, you and PA have told others that you plan on moving to Canada in the future, you have paid a deposit to a moving company, etc.

Derek
That's sound advice. Just one comment. It's the sponsor doing that MBA, hence my response.

Last edited:

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I think that MBA is going to be a problem. Because you have a timeline that commits you to NOT moving to Canada immediately after PR is granted, they will be hard to convince, regardless of how you try to prove otherwise. In some cases from the Middle East, they actually expected the sponsor to resign from their jobs and cancel their visas as proof of their intent.

Tip #2 - Money Talks

Derek

Thank you so much!! They are very helpful. I will work on it and hopefully my application will get approved!

coka_kola

Nov 25, 2014
"And, it is hard to find a job in Canada before graduation/moving back."

You might also do research on the needs of the national and local (i.e city you will move to) job market needs. So, instead of saying "My PA will look for job as an Analyst or Financial Consultant....", you might consider position it as There is Need for skills in the industry in Canada, There is a Shortage of these Skills, The long-term projection of shortage is X positions.

It's a slight difference but saying "I will come back to Canada and look for a job" can sound like you can look but you might not find. Presenting real market needs first, then presenting your PA's qualifications and your own job qualifications can AGAIN indicate that you have done your homework, are more likely to find employment, and can meet/fill Canada's needs.

Reactions: shirleyfeng1985

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
"And, it is hard to find a job in Canada before graduation/moving back."

You might also do research on the needs of the national and local (i.e city you will move to) job market needs. So, instead of saying "My PA will look for job as an Analyst or Financial Consultant....", you might consider position it as There is Need for skills in the industry in Canada, There is a Shortage of these Skills, The long-term projection of shortage is X positions.

It's a slight difference but saying "I will come back to Canada and look for a job" can sound like you can look but you might not find. Presenting real market needs first, then presenting your PA's qualifications and your own job qualifications can AGAIN indicate that you have done your homework, are more likely to find employment, and can meet/fill Canada's needs.
I have submitted my document on IRCC website. Do you know what would be next? Will I receive a confirmation letter?
Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Seems like you applied too early. For uncomplicated cases that involve Canadian and US residents you application can often be processed in 6 months,].