+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed: PR - Complicated situation

will2009

Dec 27, 2017
Hi guys,

I would love to have your perspective on my situation, even better if you have gone through similar experience. I am doing my MBA in Canada, and

1. I will complete all required courses by March, 2019. Transcript will be available mid-April 2019. However, the degree certificate won't be available until June when the school holds Convocation ceremony. My school said that, in the last few years, to help students apply for PR early, they will issue a paper confirming my completion of MBA program in April and I can apply for Express Entry.

Question: is this confirmation sufficient to claim points for my EE?

2. I will leave Canada on April 1st, returning to Vietnam to visit family. I will return to Canada in June 2019. I don't want to wait until June to apply PR from within Canada (inland application). And so, here is my plan:
- April, Vietnam: create an EE application in mid-April, receive ITA in late April.
- May, Vietnam: submit all documents for my PR applications.
- June, Canada: go back to Canada in early June. I will live in airbnb/ friend's place until I can find a permanent place in Toronto. You know, it's pretty hard to find a place to live in Toronto.

Questions:
2a. At what point must I inform CIC of my change of address?
2b. Would this complicate and elongate my PR process?
2c. When I get back to Canada in June, I don't have permanent address. How should I inform CIC of my address?
2d. What are the risks that you see with my plan?
2e. What are your suggestions for my situation?

3. I plan to get married either before creating my EE applicaton or sometime between May and June and then add my wife to my application. If I get married before creating my application, I and my wife still have around 480 points for our EE.

Questions: What do you recommend?
- Married first, then apply together - Would the processing time be faster for this scenario?
- Applied first, add her later - Would the process be delayed?

Thank you guys! I know that's lots of questions already. I look forward to reading your response and experience.