+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed on internship experience & proof of work experience (can I submitt email conversation as proof?)

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi all, I just received an ITA today. In my profile I have a 2month internship (after my college but 2.5 years ago). I am having some concerns about preparing the proof of work experience. I wonder if I withdraw this application, and wait for another draw with this internship. Wonder if you can help review if my potential solutions are applicable to not get a rejection from IRCC.

A few concerns as: (a) I have a reference letter from my supervisor while my supervisor has said he is not willing to provide any help if IRCC contacts him for confirmation. I did this internship in my home country (not US or Canada) and I heard people to proof foreign work experience, in order not to get rejected, have provided additional material other than work reference letter such as Tax file or company official stamp etc. Because this was an internship, I was not enrolled in social security either in tax system. Neither did I have the original contract. My manager and I contacted via email and that was it for on-boarding.
Potential Solution: Is it ok to include the first email from my supervisor as a proof for my on-boarding? The email was from HR to my supervisor and myself basically saying my background check was clear. The email has their titles and was from company email address.

Second concern: I was able to print bank statements showing i got 2month pay from the company. However the internship was hourly rated so the pay amounts for two months were slightly different. In the EE profile i said 40hr/week. However on my reference letter, should I be more specific and give the exact hours for each month?
And since this was just a 2-month internship, I dont have any annual compensation/ benefit (on the official website, they have "annual salary plus benefits " as one of the key words) to put on the reference letter? Will it be a problem?

Thank you so much for your time and help. Really appreciate your input.