+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed on decision made by high commision on travel document

indiaguy

Nov 7, 2013
I became PR of canada in june,2009 went twice to canada. Last I went dec 2013 stayed there for about 120 days i.e upto apr'2014. Due my health problem I came back to india. In mean time due some other circumstances I did not not go back to canada till mar'2015. My PR got expired in may'2014 and I tried for Travel Document for going back to canada. After waiting for 2 months I got reply that I did not meet residency obligation so my PR status is no loger valid and I am advice to apply for appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division of the immigration and refugee board. Most important thing is they have also endorsed Travel Document as Permanent resident on my passport with the validity up to nov 2015. Now I am confuse whether I am allowed to travel on that visa or not. Further I want to mention that my whole family son/daughters are in canada. Any suggestion should I forgot going as PR and apply for Super visa or continue with said subject. For information they have endorsed VISA in RX-1 Category i.e. for entering in canada for appeal.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Since your family is in Canada, come back and appeal. You may be successful.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indiaguy said:
I became PR of canada in june,2009 went twice to canada. Last I went dec 2013 stayed there for about 120 days i.e upto apr'2014. Due my health problem I came back to india. In mean time due some other circumstances I did not not go back to canada till mar'2015. My PR got expired in may'2014 and I tried for Travel Document for going back to canada. After waiting for 2 months I got reply that I did not meet residency obligation so my PR status is no loger valid and I am advice to apply for appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division of the immigration and refugee board. Most important thing is they have also endorsed Travel Document as Permanent resident on my passport with the validity up to nov 2015. Now I am confuse whether I am allowed to travel on that visa or not. Further I want to mention that my whole family son/daughters are in canada. Any suggestion should I forgot going as PR and apply for Super visa or continue with said subject. For information they have endorsed VISA in RX-1 Category i.e. for entering in canada for appeal.
The reason you were given the visa is the fact that you were in Canada for at least 1 day in the 365 days immediately before applying for PRTD. This is to allow you to travel to Canada to appeal the decision of revoking your PR status. If you do not wish to appeal and would like to enter as a visitor, you may apply after your deadline to appeal. If you want to apply for a visitor visa before, then you have to formally relinquish your PR status. You may do so at the visa office that granted you the visa.

indiaguy

Nov 7, 2013
CanV said:
The reason you were given the visa is the fact that you were in Canada for at least 1 day in the 365 days immediately before applying for PRTD. This is to allow you to travel to Canada to appeal the decision of revoking your PR status. If you do not wish to appeal and would like to enter as a visitor, you may apply after your deadline to appeal. If you want to apply for a visitor visa before, then you have to formally relinquish your PR status. You may do so at the visa office that granted you the visa.
I would like to add some thing more that I had sponsored my spouse while I was in canada. After coming back to india Me and my spouse was interviewed in mar'2015. Since my pr got exipred due to that sponsorship application was kept onhold by visa officer till I go back and resume my PR status. Unfortunatly, I was granted PRTD but my spouse spnosrship application is still on hold. What should I do withdraw the sponsorship application or let it be refused by them. If I withdraw my application will I get entire fee which paid or only landing fee.

fawadnew

May 28, 2015
indiaguy said:
Question: I got PR status in Canada & returned Pakistan. I was government officer in Pakistan and my status of Govt officer does appear on my passport. Now I have been terminated from my job in Pakistan. My passport is valid for next nine years. I want to get changed my passport so that my status of Govt officer may be changed. By getting my passport changed, will it affect my re-entry to Canada on new passport ?

plz solicit your valuable opinion.

Yours sincerely,

Fawad Aslam

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fawadnew said:
Question: I got PR status in Canada & returned Pakistan. I was government officer in Pakistan and my status of Govt officer does appear on my passport. Now I have been terminated from my job in Pakistan. My passport is valid for next nine years. I want to get changed my passport so that my status of Govt officer may be changed. By getting my passport changed, will it affect my re-entry to Canada on new passport ?

plz solicit your valuable opinion.

Yours sincerely,

Fawad Aslam
No issues

fawadnew

May 28, 2015
thanx for valuable advise. but there is another issue that i applied for immigration on private job experience & did not mention my govt service. in this scenario, if i change my passport, will it affect my PR status, as visa officer in canadian airport may not ask about this change in passport .

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fawadnew said:
thanx for valuable advise. but there is another issue that i applied for immigration on private job experience & did not mention my govt service. in this scenario, if i change my passport, will it affect my PR status, as visa officer in canadian airport may not ask about this change in passport .
You are worrying too much, they will barely look at your passport and quickly scan your PR card, the profession mentioned in your passport is the least of their worries.

indiaguy

Nov 7, 2013
CanV said:
You are worrying too much, they will barely look at your passport and quickly scan your PR card, the profession mentioned in your passport is the least of their worries.
under my id who is questioning from pakistan and also being answered