+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed in understanding my PR situation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the response. How do I know if I am reported. Those paperwork's would come in a months time or it takes more than that? Can you please let me know how soon I will get those paperwork ? Is there any SLA for that?
You will know at the POE if you are reported. The other thing you need to know is that you can’t sponsor a spouse until you are compliant with your RO. If your family member is still ill you will risk being reported if you return to the US to visit. If your job in Canada involves travel you risk being reported and at some point you won’t have a valid PR card so it will become much riskier to exit Canada. As I am sure you are aware there is a pandemic and many businesses have closed down. Not many businesses are hiring so coming to Canada in the next few months to find a job may not be realistic.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the response. How do I know if I am reported. Those paperwork's would come in a months time or it takes more than that? Can you please let me know how soon I will get those paperwork ? Is there any SLA for that?
As I said, CBSA gives it to you, so that is at the airport.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You would get a piece of paperwork at the border from a border officer. You wouldn't be allowed to leave the CBSA without it.

tunaibasu

Sep 10, 2013
Thanks you all. Considering all the answers I got, I plan to renounce my current PR and apply for a new PR under express entry, as I don't want to land up in trouble after landing in Canada. I need an advice from you all regarding when shall I renounce my current PR and whether i can work on the new PR application in parallel. Any help on how do I time it will be helpful. Also do you think I should consult an immigration lawyer for that? Please let me know.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks you all. Considering all the answers I got, I plan to renounce my current PR and apply for a new PR under express entry, as I don't want to land up in trouble after landing in Canada. I need an advice from you all regarding when shall I renounce my current PR and whether i can work on the new PR application in parallel. Any help on how do I time it will be helpful. Also do you think I should consult an immigration lawyer for that? Please let me know.
You don't need to get a lawyer, please don't waste your money. Your PR application cannot be processed unless you've already renounced your PR status. This will probably extend your wait for a couple months.

I would suggest doing it as soon as possible.

Just follow these guidelines, there is no cost associated:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp#overview

I would then suggest start gathering all you need for your EE application and create your profile. And if you have a score high enough, submit the profile once you've received a decision on your application to renounce your PR status.