+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed in filling EE (Intended work in canada) Section

Pargat0406

Aug 7, 2019
No, you don't need a new LMIA. You need to be working for the same employer that got that LMIA, and that work permit needs to be valid.

Your employer can make an offer for a new job as well, it doesn't have to be the exact same job that you're doing now. The idea is that your employer is saying that you will continue to be employed in the same job or even promoted once you become a PR (and so you don't need a new LMIA/work permit - because you will take the new offer after you become a PR), and you will have that new job for at least a year after becoming a PR.

But it does have to be the same employer - if you get an offer from a new employer, you will need a new LMIA. You won't need a new work permit, but you will need to show the job offer + a new approved LMIA to get the points.
So i need a job letter on my name from the same employer
Do he need to register anywhere online
Or just write a job offer written on company letterhead
Can u tell me what i need to include on

Pargat0406

Aug 7, 2019
No, you don't need a new LMIA. You need to be working for the same employer that got that LMIA, and that work permit needs to be valid.

Your employer can make an offer for a new job as well, it doesn't have to be the exact same job that you're doing now. The idea is that your employer is saying that you will continue to be employed in the same job or even promoted once you become a PR (and so you don't need a new LMIA/work permit - because you will take the new offer after you become a PR), and you will have that new job for at least a year after becoming a PR.

But it does have to be the same employer - if you get an offer from a new employer, you will need a new LMIA. You won't need a new work permit, but you will need to show the job offer + a new approved LMIA to get the points.
Moreover will i have to actually join the job after pr. Or. I just need this joboffer for the file?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
So i need a job letter on my name from the same employer
Do he need to register anywhere online
Or just write a job offer written on company letterhead
Can u tell me what i need to include on
You should hire a consultant or do a lot more reading/research about the Express Entry process for such detailed questions.

No, you are not required to take the job after you get PR. However, if the officer feels the job offer is not real, and is just given for the sake of getting you the PR, you can be banned for misrepresentation. It needs to be a real offer; and they do often verify this.

Pargat0406

Aug 7, 2019
You should hire a consultant or do a lot more reading/research about the Express Entry process for such detailed questions.

No, you are not required to take the job after you get PR. However, if the officer feels the job offer is not real, and is just given for the sake of getting you the PR, you can be banned for misrepresentation. It needs to be a real offer; and they do often verify this.
Ok bro. Thnx alot.

Sam93vita

Jun 9, 2020
The following are the steps I've taken to complete my Immigration application.
- I've submitted my express entry profile in April.
- I was wondering if somebody can please help me verify if I have filled in the (Intended work in Canada) Section properly. I have answered "no" to the "do you have a valid job offer" question.
I assume this question is for the people who have applied for a LMIA. I'm currently working as a Retail supervisor. My current job does not require an LMIA.

My post grad work permit expires on Sept, 2020.
I would also like to know if they are any other options to extend my work permit. For ex: The bridge work permit.
Thank you.

Nikhilthomas

Jul 7, 2020
I have open work permit and I hot a new LMIA.. how would I fill the intended work section in the pr application..can some one help..

atulsingh2016

Aug 13, 2020
Can anyone be able to tell me if I am filling EE (Intended work in canada) section or correct?

Do you have a job offer in canada?
Yes (I assume yes because I have been working here)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? Help
No

Is .. currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does .. have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

Does the job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
No (because it does not stated it there).

Four digit NOC code of current work permit
There is no option for selecting "NO" (In this case I am selecting the 2172 Noc code)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No
Hi There, Did you select NO and it worked for you? Please respond

punith962

Sep 3, 2021
Hi Folks,

I'm more than an year experienced in NOC A with Open work permit. Now my current employer is ready to give an offer letter supported by LMIA.

How do I fill (Intended work in canada) section while creating express entry profile?

Do you have a job offer in canada?
Yes (I assume yes because I get an offer letter supported by LMIA)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
Yes

Is .. currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does .. have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

Does the job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
No (because it does not stated it there).

Has ..... been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
(In this case what do I select)

Four digit NOC code of current work permit
There is no option for selecting "NO"
(In this case what do I select)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No

Please help me here
Thanks in advance

simirp

Nov 1, 2022
I'm in the same position. I selected yes on EE profile but did not get points for it. I was still given an ITA. I think the correct thing to do is select "No" and then offer a letter of explanation stating why you changed your response.
Hi, I’m in same situation, did you change to “no” and have issues later?