Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
Does any of you have a case similar to this one?:
-Sought for asylum in the United States, but it was denied
-Appealed and was then sponsored by a Canadian (while the appelation was being studied by the American immigration) by choosing Buffalo as their visa office

Can a person waiting for a response regarding their asylum still apply through the Buffalo office or he/she has to apply through the office of his/her country of nationality?

If any of you have been in this situation, or have any information about this kind of situation, please answer to this post! What personal identification documents did you guys send?

THANK YOU very much for reading this. Any help would be really appreciated.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
You are eligible to have your application for Canadian permanent residence processed through Buffalo if you were admitted to the United States with temporary status valid for a period of at least one year. If you don't provide proof with your application that you were admitted to the US with status valid for at least one year, your application will be transferred to the embassy that represents your country of birth. That sounds like it might be an issue for you. So be careful how/when you get into this Canadian process . . . if your application goes to the embassy in your country and you're required to attend an interview to verify that you didn't just enter into your relationship in order to get status in Canada, you're going to have to attend the interview at the embassy that represents your country. (Now, for some countries, that's not in your actual country - but you'd still have to leave the US and probably wouldn't get back in.) Also, at the end of the process, if you're approved, your passport has to go to the embassy to be processed - and, probably, you with it. Don't know exactly how you proceed but I think you need to be careful that you don't put yourself in a compromising situation by entering the Canada immigration process too soon.

parceromiguel

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
Unites States
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2011
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
28-Jan-2011
Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
Thank you for your response. But what do you mean by temporary status? I have had a work permit for more than one year, but I have heard that even if you have held a work permit it does not mean that you are "legally admitted" in the US... that's why I am very confused. We have contacted several immigration agents and some of them say that I can apply through Buffalo, and the others say that I can't. I do not know what I should do!