+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed for getting status information on an idle file

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I'm already not a very optimistic person, you both seem to be the same..
Anyhow I can't argue with professionals like you, so I'm giving a last shot through webform and email to Rome VO and then we'll withdraw if we got no updates..
It does not really matter whether you are optimistic or pessimistic. You filed your application with an ineligible sponsor (an outland PR). You can either wait and hope for the best and potentially waste more time on waiting (if finally rejected) or you can withdraw your application and apply again (and control the damage for 3 months waiting).

It is your decision.No one can guarantee the result if you keep waiting with your current application though we all will cross fingers for you if you decide to keep waiting.

Sam_Syr

Mar 28, 2019
is it ok to ask some more questions? I assume it is..

1- If they finished assessing my application now and refused it on the grounds that my wife was living outside canada at the time of applying, but they had finished my background check along with relationship and everything else. When we reapply later, will they only do a quick recheck and grant the PR in a matter of weeks (since they already did all the hard work), or will they redo everything as if it is a fresh application?
the answer to this question will help me decide if it's worth it continuing with the current application to save time on the next one when we reapply.

2- how do applicants (whose apps are at VOs outside canada) know anything about their applications? even for things that were ACTUALLY updated months ago on ECAS but the applicant never received anything about it? (DM on sponsorship in my cas)

3- will gcms notes be useful in our case? to decide what our next move should be..

4- I wish to hear more opinions and suggestions about my case as a whole.. so your help guys is greatly appreciated

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. Fresh application
2. There is no way to track the progress beyond ordering GCMS notes.
3. Possibly; you may find that the notes point out a weakness in the application that you can fix for the next time around.

Reactions: Qwertypod

Sam_Syr

Mar 28, 2019
1. Fresh application
2. There is no way to track the progress beyond ordering GCMS notes.
3. Possibly; you may find that the notes point out a weakness in the application that you can fix for the next time around.
that's information, not opinion, right? especially point 1.
uhmmmmm..it seems we are left with no choice but to withdraw.. that's ugly..

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I'm in agreement with 21goose. You should withdraw and yes, your application will be considered brand new (but at least it'll be a successful one if the rest of your application is solid and your wife applies from within Canada). That being said, I'm seeing a lot of applications take shorter to process, no guarantees though. Best of luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it's information. It will be a fresh application - everything starting from scratch including processing times.

Sam_Syr

Mar 28, 2019
Thank you so much for the useful info.. and yes you all were right, unfortunately we received the sponsor ineligibility email just yesterday (75 days after DM) ..
We have reviewed your application and regret to advise that you are not an eligible sponsor for the following reason(s):
· Pursuant to regulation 130(1)(b), you have not demonstrated that you have been residing in Canada since the filing of this application. Please refer to Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations below for details.
You indicated on your sponsorship application that you wish to continue with its processing regardless of any ineligibility. As such, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for consideration.

Your ineligibility to sponsor will be a significant factor in the assessment of the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s). A final decision regarding that application shall be made by a visa officer and will be communicated to you and your relative. Instructions regarding the Right to Appeal will be issued as applicable by the visa office. Please note that the Right to Appeal may only be exercised after the visa officer has rendered a final decision.

so now i'm going to order gcms notes and then withdraw the application to reapply..
but I need your advice on this one.. is the 'e' variant enough to know all the info and notes that have been made on my application?
https://www.getgcms.com/order-now

"
Electronic Case Notes Delivered Right to Your E-Mail Inbox as Issued by IRCC.

Approximately 40 Days Delivery Time
"

or should we go for the GCMS+?

Sam_Syr

Mar 28, 2019
and by the way, my wife (in canada now) is going to request them for me.. so do we need any designation/representation forms to fill them out?? or is she by being my wife and sponsor already a representative for me with those issues?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

and by the way, my wife (in canada now) is going to request them for me.. so do we need any designation/representation forms to fill them out?? or is she by being my wife and sponsor already a representative for me with those issues?

1, Yes, she has to be designated as your representative, the form is on the IRCC site.