+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed - FBI certificate with fingerprints

didida

Aug 31, 2009
My wife is a U.S. Citizen and lives with me in Toronto. She needs the FBI certificate with fingerprints for immigrate to Canada.

Could we just download those fingerprint cards from the FBI website and doing it by some agencies in Toronto, then mail them to FBI.

or

We have to go to U.S. (buffalo) to get the fingerprints?

Can anyone tell me some address and phone no. of those agencies in Toronto or buffalo?

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to go to Buffalo whatsoever. She can get her fingerprints done in Canada (at some police stations, and various agencies that are qualified to do ink and roll fingerprints), and then send it off to the FBI with the appropriate fee included.

Have a look at http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm and you can get the fingerprint request form there.

If your wife if from the USA, she will also need state police clearance for any state she has lived in longer then 6 months... Each state has a different process so depending where she is from the requirements may differ. More info at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
I got mine done in Toronto at a place called Commissionaires. It's in the King and Yonge area.

Keep in mind that you may also need prints for the states - depends on which ones. Check this out ahead of time - it is less expensive if you do them all at once.

didida

Aug 31, 2009
diddagirl : Thank you!

dfb said:
I got mine done in Toronto at a place called Commissionaires. It's in the King and Yonge area.

Keep in mind that you may also need prints for the states - depends on which ones. Check this out ahead of time - it is less expensive if you do them all at once.
dfb: Do we need to make an appointment ahead?

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
No appointment is needed. When you get there you take a number - I was the second or third person in line - not a long wait.

They give you the appropriate envelopes and cover letters for each jurisdiction as well. I believe you can also do your photos there, although I did not.