+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed desperately!!! Seniors please help!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The other thing to consider is that you're going to be in Halifax. So fewer jobs there than a bigger city like Toronto, Vancouver, or Montreal.

Sabbircoyg

Sep 17, 2014
mead said:
ru saying u want to save 16k in 3.5 years of ur student life? well i would say thats difficult......all u can earn that too if ur luck to find a job is ur monthly expenses thats it.....do not plan on paying ur tuition fees by working part time and doing it legally.......
yes 16k in 3.5 years ...
Wow i never knew its soo hard to earn there..
how do u guys even survive?
???

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
ru saying u want to save 16k in 3.5 years of ur student life? well i would say thats difficult......all u can earn that too if ur luck to find a job is ur monthly expenses thats it.....do not plan on paying ur tuition fees by working part time and doing it legally.......
Hi Mead,

Are you kidding me ?? A student who has co-op and if he does part time and scholarships too. he can't save 16k. According to me its totally possible. Even from your first work term only you can save upto 14-16k. So, its very easy. If you have co-op not need to do part-time. you can concentrate on your studies rather than those $10/hr jobs.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sabbircoyg said:
yes 16k in 3.5 years ...
Wow i never knew its soo hard to earn there..
how do u guys even survive?
???
Don't worry Sabbircoyg, you will be fine.Surviving in Canada is much easier than India. Its not a big deal to save 16k in 3.5 yrs. You can easily save that money from your work terms. BTW which course you are taking at halifax??? Did you see work-term record of your institute?? In case if you are not able to get a co-op than it would be difficult but not impossible.

Sabbircoyg

Sep 17, 2014
God of war said:
Don't worry Sabbircoyg, you will be fine.Surviving in Canada is much easier than India. Its not a big deal to save 16k in 3.5 yrs. You can easily save that money from your work terms. BTW which course you are taking at halifax??? Did you see work-term record of your institute?? In case if you are not able to get a co-op than it would be difficult but not impossible.
I am doing Computer Engineering.
And i have checked the work terms its mostly on June to Aug..

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sabbircoyg said:
I am doing Computer Engineering.
And i have checked the work terms its mostly on June to Aug..
How many work terms you have in your course??
BTW computer guys are the one who are making lot of money lol. In my mind min. you will get $20-$24/hr during your first work term.

Sabbircoyg

Sep 17, 2014
God of war said:
How many work terms you have in your course??
BTW computer guys are the one who are making lot of money lol. In my mind min. you will get $20-$24/hr during your first work term.
it has 4 work terms...
wow i guess thats a good news ... :)

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sabbircoyg said:
it has 4 work terms...
wow i guess thats a good news ... :)
Yes then you will be fine. By the end of your course you will have 16 months of Canadian exp. which is invaluable for you

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
God of war said:
Hi Mead,

Are you kidding me ?? A student who has co-op and if he does part time and scholarships too. he can't save 16k. According to me its totally possible. Even from your first work term only you can save upto 14-16k. So, its very easy. If you have co-op not need to do part-time. you can concentrate on your studies rather than those $10/hr jobs.
well there r a lot of ifs ...coop is dependent again on finding a job(in halifax) ...scholarships r few and far between and part time jobs r only for 20hrs/week......even if u have a skilled full time job it will take u almost a year to year and a half to save up 16k......remember coop does not mean college/university guarantees u a job.....u should always plan for the worst and if u get a good job fine but planning assuming u will make enough money is not wise.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
another thing to take into account is if u dont have enough money then u have to compromise on something either ur education or something else which will eventually have an impact on ur future. people come here and since dont have money start working and that has a bad impact on studies and they fail ...i have seen people being kicked out of university. So try to avoid the traps.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
well there r a lot of ifs ...coop is dependent again on finding a job(in halifax) ...scholarships r few and far between and part time jobs r only for 20hrs/week......even if u have a skilled full time job it will take u almost a year to year and a half to save up 16k......remember coop does not mean college/university guarantees u a job.....u should always plan for the worst and if u get a good job fine but planning assuming u will make enough money is not wise.
That's why I mentioned if he is able to crack co-op then it would be very easy. I am describing the situation what I have seen in most of the cases. Also In Canada technical guys make good money whether its a co-op or a full time job.