+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed - Denied To Board Flight - Warsaw Airport - Poland

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
How can Toronto Police help him board a plane in Warsaw? What do they have to do with immigration?
That's correct.Toronto Police has no official authority in this matter and there is no such need.However,CBSA regularly collaborates with RCMP on arrests & detentions & removals of foreign nationals from Canada, particularly individuals with Canada wide arrest warrants,so contacting RCMP Toronto may be helpful,they may have direct contact no for CBSA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's correct.Toronto Police has no official authority in this matter and there is no such need.However,CBSA regularly collaborates with RCMP on arrests & detentions & removals of foreign nationals from Canada, particularly individuals with Canada wide arrest warrants,so contacting RCMP Toronto may be helpful,they may have direct contact no for CBSA.
FYI - RCMP and Toronto Police are two completely different units with different mandates. These terms aren't interchangeable.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why would the RCMP be involved in an international student being denied boarding in Warsaw? The student isn't even in Canada.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
This could simply be a case of travelling too early. They are enrolled for online classes this summer, so no need to be in Canada. Their fall classes might be in person, but they can't travel earlier than 4 weeks.

Many warnings about this already.

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
Why would the RCMP be involved in an international student being denied boarding in Warsaw? The student isn't even in Canada.
No official reason,RCMP may have a direct contact no for CBSA,which is known only to them,maybe it is faster to reach CBSA

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
I asked IRCC India in their webinar whether students are able to travel when they are enrolled online and their physical presence is not required in Canada while mid term and they said there is no issue to travel whatsoever. Go to this video at around timestamp 46:55 to see their answer on this matter. idk then why the person mentioned by OP had been denied boarding.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I asked IRCC India in their webinar whether students are able to travel when they are enrolled online and their physical presence is not required in Canada while mid term and they said there is no issue to travel whatsoever. Go to this video at around timestamp 46:55 to see their answer on this matter. idk then why the person mentioned by OP had been denied boarding.
They have denied boarding to several even returned from Canadian airports who flew early. In the IRCC tweet, they have mentioned flying not more than 4 weeks prior to the start of the session.
Edit: I watched the webinar part where they answered about travel, and they are saying the same thing that you can travel midterm but not if the classes would start more than 4 weeks from travel.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
IRCC has no say or control over entry into Canada. That responsibility lies exclusively with CBSA. Any information about entry to Canada should be taken from CBSA only.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
They have denied boarding to several even returned from Canadian airports who flew early. In the IRCC tweet, they have mentioned flying not more than 4 weeks prior to the start of the session.
Edit: I watched the webinar part where they answered about travel, and they are saying the same thing that you can travel midterm but not if the classes would start more than 4 weeks from travel.
No I was not mentioning about travel before classes beginning. OP's post is about his brother travelling midterm from what I understood.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Update......

My brother is finally able to board the flight ✈ from Warsaw Poland to Toronto. When he was coming from Serbia to Toronto via Warsaw Poland, Serbia Flight Agent has put wrong passport number in System and when he landed to Warsaw Airport Poland, His original passport number was not found in System. This was the issue he had. Everything else was all right. He contacted Indian embassy in Poland and they sorted this out.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Update......

My brother is finally able to board the flight ✈ from Warsaw Poland to Toronto. When he was coming from Serbia to Toronto via Warsaw Poland, Serbia Flight Agent has put wrong passport number in System and when he landed to Warsaw Airport Poland, His original passport number was not found in System. This was the issue he had. Everything else was all right. He contacted Indian embassy in Poland and they sorted this out.
That makes more sense. I was worried why they won't let him board just cause he was studying online. That was a thing last year but they clearly added exception to every student regardless of their way of classes delivered.