+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed Clarification interview at Scarborough CIC

tiredofwariting

Jun 8, 2011
Hi guys,
long time reader here but posting first time. my time line is as follows

June 2008 got married and my wife sponsored me for inland spouse application
Dec 2010 got AIP, paid landing fee sent 2 pictures which were asked
april 2011 medical and rcmp check completed.
may 28 2011 : received a letter stating that "Call in Notice" it states clarification is needed regarding my eleigibility before a decision can be made and bring my spouse with me in june for interview at cic scarborough.

On a side note to give you guys a background on my case I was previouslt married and divorced an dhad a refused refugee calim. Now me and my wife have a child together and been living together for 3 years. Any input would appreciatd as to what this interview is or can be about or if anyone else head of letter like this

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Because of the failed refugee claim they think you just married any Canadian so you could stay in Canada. So the interview is to see if your marriage is real or not. Take your spouse and any proof you have that the marriage is genuine. Proof of a very close and loving relationship with your child should help.

tiredofwariting

Jun 8, 2011
thanks for the reply. After the Aip proof pictures and some of the other proof documents they mailed us back and on this letter they did not mention for me to bring anything not that i wouldn't bring anyhting but i am just wondering if you guys knwo other ppl got clarification interviews after getting AIP.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
At the interviews the visa officers don't always look at any evidence brought, but you should still prepare it just in case.
Maybe there is something in your background they are not sure of, or maybe it is just a formality and they won't ask much.