+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed: change of job offer information after ITA

mxb999

Feb 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

I think I just ran into some problems here. I am currently holding an open work permit and worked on a job for 1 year. At the time when I was submitting my EE profile, there's a question asking if I had a job offer, to which I answered Yes but I chose No for the LIMA questions. This is not a valid job offer so I didn't get extra points.

Back to now, I received the ITA and the system was asking for 'Employment record', 'Offer of employment' and 'Letter of employment'. After some study, I just realized that the reason I got asked for the 'Offer of employment' and 'Letter of employment' is because I chose Yes to the Job Offer option back when I submit to express entry. The information got transferred to the 'Intended Work' panel in the ITA. So I changed my answer to 'No' under the 'intended work' option in the ITA and saved it.

The problems is that, are we even allowed to change these information after receiving the invitation? My score didn't change though.. Does anyone have similar experience?? Do I need to decline the invitation now?

Thank you very much!!

aarushig

May 22, 2019
Hi,
I am having the same issue. I don't have an LMIA and now they are asking for a job letter. Have you figured this out? I will really appreciate the answer on this.

Thanks Alot!

harman528

Jul 27, 2020
same problem here. any solution?
Hi,
I am having the same issue. I don't have an LMIA and now they are asking for a job letter. Have you figured this out? I will really appreciate the answer on this.

Thanks Alot!

harman528

Jul 27, 2020
Hello everyone,

I think I just ran into some problems here. I am currently holding an open work permit and worked on a job for 1 year. At the time when I was submitting my EE profile, there's a question asking if I had a job offer, to which I answered Yes but I chose No for the LIMA questions. This is not a valid job offer so I didn't get extra points.

Back to now, I received the ITA and the system was asking for 'Employment record', 'Offer of employment' and 'Letter of employment'. After some study, I just realized that the reason I got asked for the 'Offer of employment' and 'Letter of employment' is because I chose Yes to the Job Offer option back when I submit to express entry. The information got transferred to the 'Intended Work' panel in the ITA. So I changed my answer to 'No' under the 'intended work' option in the ITA and saved it.

The problems is that, are we even allowed to change these information after receiving the invitation? My score didn't change though.. Does anyone have similar experience?? Do I need to decline the invitation now?

Thank you very much!!

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
Hey guys as long as your score doesn't go below the cut off score then it's fine. if you are claiming points for valid job offer which is LMIA then put yes if not then No. In your EE profile if you have put yes in the field then you can always make changes in your post ITA profile. Just explain in LOE that you are not claiming points for valid job offer and this doesn't effect your cut off score. hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Dghiiutvn

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Just change No in the job offer and the job offer option will dissapear from documents list

Reactions: Dghiiutvn