+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed--Application form 6E section

neo2379

Jan 7, 2014
Hello friends,

I am filling out my application and i have doubt in section 6E -Address in past four years

For the current address under from and To column,i will enter from date under from,but under To column -Do i need to type "Till Date" or select todays date.

Plese advise.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I have a related question.

Lets say I stayed at the same address in the last 4 years ( but moved into the same address say 2 months earlier ) and I signed application today.

How do I reflect the FROM AND TO dates ?

TO is clear - todays date of Apr 02, 2014. But, the FROM ??? - would that be just 4 years looking back? - Apr 02, 2010 or the actual move in date (like say example, Jan 5, 2010) ?????

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
Just put the date on which you sign your application.

neo2379 said:
Hello friends,

I am filling out my application and i have doubt in section 6E -Address in past four years

For the current address under from and To column,i will enter from date under from,but under To column -Do i need to type "Till Date" or select todays date.

Plese advise.

neo2379

Jan 7, 2014
Hello,

Past 4 years from date of signing the application.So in your case it would be April 2 2010.

In my case.I lived at same address since 2009,but i am mentioning as April 01-2010 to till date(Till date hand written in black ink)

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
April 02, 2010. No one cares about when you "actually" moved in.

us2yow said:
I have a related question.

Lets say I stayed at the same address in the last 4 years ( but moved into the same address say 2 months earlier ) and I signed application today.

How do I reflect the FROM AND TO dates ?

TO is clear - todays date of Apr 02, 2014. But, the FROM ??? - would that be just 4 years looking back? - Apr 02, 2010 or the actual move in date (like say example, Jan 5, 2010) ?????

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neo2379 said:
Hello friends,

Plese advise.
Many people are confused with the "past 4 years before application" thing. They think they have to provide addresses and employment history exactly 4 years before application date. If that's the case then everybody should be like" Ok I m applying 4 years from now so let's move to a new place and let's get a new job" Does this sound right??? Noooo. That would be crazy.
When they state last 4 years, it means AT LEAST LAST 4 YEARS. It won't harm if you provide 4 years and few months or whatever date you started a job before the 4 years.
so if I were to apply today and I lived in my first address from Jan 5, 2010 to Dec 2013 I would put it that way and let CIC dump the xtra time.
Again this is CIC' s Fault and if they wanted to make it clear they would have stated (state addresses that cover AT LEAST last 4 years) but they just don't care and there are other point not clear in the process. As someone stated in another forum I think, they ask for a set of documents with application(see check list) and after few months they start shooting with RQ... we need this doc we need that doc.... Why not ask for aaaaaall the docs at the beginning(Lease ,medical record, CC statement...) this way they would save everybody's time, but they just don't care

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the date isn't just for last 4 years. think of the employment section. if you mention your start date as present date minus 4 years and your employment letter shows a different date, you are bound to raise some eyebrows. same thing with residence. in case you get an RQ and you have to send the lease agreement, then your dates will again be different. i had the same job for 9 years and same apartment for 5 years. not to mention my driving license received 5 years back had the apartment number too.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If employment letter says working in same place for more than 4 years while putting the date in application counting exactly 4 years is not a problem. CIC says for last 4 years (it does not say AT LEAST for 4 years). Same as for Residence, Children School records though many kids are in school beyond 4 years in Canada.

Therefore, in terms of CIC rule, just going back up to 4 years is fine even some documents (employment letter, lease etc.) indicates the document date beyond 4 years.

However, if someone puts the earlier dates, it does not harm either but CIC will only take in account only 4 years.. So, let's follow what CIC is asking for..