Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I've previously posted on here about my status, I'm a Canadian citizen, became a citizen about 13 years ago and currenly live and work in Kosovo, where i have also met my wife who is from here and want to sponsor her to join back in canada come next year, just recently our little girl was born, based on previous replies, our girl will be granted full citizenship (after applying for it of course), but still have some questions...

1) Part A - Question 10 on IMM1344EA, are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident? I'm a Canadian citizen, but I also used to be a permanent resident before acquiring my citizenship? do i just select I'm a Canadian citizen?

2) Part B - Question 3 on IMM1344EA, Accompanying dependent children of persons in 1 and/or 2? Do I add my child's information in this question?

3) Sponsorship Evaluation or Financial Evaluation, lots of people on here seem to be filling out the financial evaluation form instead, which is better to have the application processed faster or is it the same?

4) Under Immigration Forms, IMM0008 (Schedule1 Background / Declaration), the principal applicant is my wife, right?

5) On the Application For Permanent Residence in Canada - Details of Family Members (Accompanying you to Canada or not)? What family members need to be added on here, does my wife need to add me, our child and herself on this list? There's only us three, we both live together and It's me who who will will go to Canada first and then my wife and child will come once her immigration is approved.

My last question is, I'm filling out these forms in electronic format (on PDFs), can i print these forms and sign the parts that need signing or would i need to fill in all the forms by hand? does it matter?

Thanks in advance.

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
1. you are a canadian citizen, your PR is tossed away once you become a citizen

6. you can type and sign or by hand. doesnt matter

the rest I dont know. I'm sponsoring my wife so not sure how children sponsorship works.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for reply, the reason for question once is that it says if i'm a neutralized citizen, which i guess means that i was not born in canada but received my citizenship after receiving my permanent status in the country right?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. it doesn't matter if you were born a citizen or not, you are one now, you stop being PR when you get citizenship. In the next question, you will answer details about where your permanent residency was processed back when.

2. daughter is only mentioned in the additional family information form, not in the "accompanying" or "not accompanying" form since she is not being sponsored.

3. You don't need to show income to sponsor a spouse but they ask for printout-c which is a Canada tax document. If you want to send other information about your income, you can. For the sponsorship evaluation, note that it says at the top of the form: "If you are sponsoring a spouse .. do not use this form" so you need to get the financial evaluation instead.

4. Yes

5. Only your wife is applying for permanent residence. You and your daughter are not so you are not included on this form. Note that it says that you need to include spouse and/or children "who are not already PR or citizens". You and your daughter are already citizens.

You really need to read the instructions carefully when you are doing this.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are correct, though it is naturalized, and not neutralized. Neutralized has a different, and far more sinister, meaning! :)

Berti said:
Thanks for reply, the reason for question once is that it says if i'm a neutralized citizen, which i guess means that i was not born in canada but received my citizenship after receiving my permanent status in the country right?

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys for your replies, this was very helpful, especially to relief me of some stress I've been having with filling out the forms.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berti said:
Thank you guys for your replies, this was very helpful, especially to relief me of some stress I've been having with filling out the forms.
Sorry to ask this again, I have to though just to be sure, do I need to provide the information when I did first receive my permanent residence and which office issues this, even though I'm a Canadian citizen and have been for a long while or is this only for those sponsoring who are current permanent residents only?

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My last question on this topic so this makes it question nr.7.

Mailing address can I put in my Canadian mailing address to where they can send the documents to, once everything is approved and good, they can send me the information there instead of my address where I'm at now?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berti said:
Sorry to ask this again, I have to though just to be sure, do I need to provide the information when I did first receive my permanent residence and which office issues this, even though I'm a Canadian citizen and have been for a long while or is this only for those sponsoring who are current permanent residents only?
Like I said before, you really need to read the instructions carefully when you are doing this.

In the form, it clearly says for question 11 in part A:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1344EA.pdf said:
11. If you are a permanent resident or a naturalized Canadian citizen, give the name of the country where your appication for permanent residence was processed.. Full name at the time you became a permanent resident.. Record of landing/confirmation of permanent residence number
As for address, just give them where you live. If you want to change it later, you can always contact them.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright thank you for clarifying that, about the address I'm given the option to choose a residential address and a mailing address as the problem with that is that where i currently live the mail doesn't function properly for the time being, which why i asked the question, none the less i'll go ahead and provide to address just to be on the safe side.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3. You don't need to show income to sponsor a spouse but they ask for printout-c which is a Canada tax document. If you want to send other information about your income, you can. For the sponsorship evaluation, note that it says at the top of the form: "If you are sponsoring a spouse .. do not use this form" so you need to get the financial evaluation instead.
But it says "If you're sponsoring a spouse... who has a depended child of her own?" What does that mean exactly? My spouse and I have a child together, our child which will receive citizenship through me, would i still need to fill out this form or do I skip it and do the financial evaluation but then that raises the question on the financial evaluation form as well (see blow), I'm confused on this.

It says the following the the financial evaluation form to be completed, I don't know if I fit the description for this form?

The Financial Evaluation form (IMM 1283) will help you assess
if you (and your spouse or common-law partner, if he or she is
co-signing the undertaking) will have the financial ability to
support the persons you are planning to sponsor and their
family members.
<- Also I won't be needing a co-signer (which I guess is a Representative right?), which is why I'm not filling out the the need for a representative forms.

If you are sponsoring a person other than <- I'm Sponsoring just my wife/spouse
• your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no
family members, or

• your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has
dependent children who have no dependent children of
their own, or

• your child who has no children of his or her own,

Sorry for all the question, just a little stressed and trying to double check and get second opinions before i send in my application, thanks.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, If i can get help with the last question that would be very helpful, not sure which form is right for me based on the guide.

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
OK, I'm getting confused, but this is what I know:
If you are only sponsoring your wife, and your kids are canadian citizens (or will be through you) you use the SPONSORSHIP EVALUATION FORM!
The financial evaluation for is only used when your spouse has kids who have non-canadian dependant kids or you have kids who have non-canadian kids.

I must say that the wording is very confusing and I read and reread the instructions myself as well. I am sponsoring my husband. My kids are Canadian through me. So I used the sponsorship form.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly my point as well Ange, I asked the same question earlier and got an answer from Leon, who advised me to use the Financial Evaluation form, however after reading and rereading the guide i'm confused as to what i should send in, not to mention the fact that i can't provide a printout-c form, since i've been working and living abroad for 6 years now and have not paid taxes there ever since, so instead i'm given the option to send in my 12 months salary print outs to show where and how much money i've earned over the past year prior to my application.

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Yes, thats what you have to do. A letter from your employer and your last 12 paystubs (remember to translate them!) I found this a big nuisance because you don't have to show financial stability/competence/whatever you want to call it... but you do have to provide this information. I also didn't have an option c printout although I did call revenue canada and get an option c printout from the last year I paid taxes (4 years ago). They like to have proof that you don't collect some kind of social assistance.