+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! My name on the passport and academic certificates differ

thuong

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hello everyone. I am filling out the ECA for my degrees and have a question regarding to my name on those papers. My name in the passport and bachelor degree was written like this:

Family name (VU) - Middle name (THANH) - First name (HUONG),

while my master degree in the UK was written as

First name (HUONG) - Middle name (THANH) - Family name (VU)

When filling WES form, they ask if my documents show other name and there was option so I chose:
Previous (given) name: Vu
Previous (first) name: Thanh
Previous (given) name: Huong
In the summary page, it shows my personal information as Huong Thanh Vu and my previous name (actually this is my name in the passport) is Vu Thanh Huong.
This is very confusing. I'm wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me. What should I do?. Is this going to be a problem on my application?
Thank you very much

eefam2017

Mar 30, 2017
Manila
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2016
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
05/04/2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/03/2017
I had a similar problem but with different documents and because of marriage. I just ended up getting a notarized affidavit of same person. It states that XXXX is the same person as XXXX as found on XXXX document. Hope that helps!

thuong

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
;) thank you very much, I think it would help :D. Can you tell me how to get a a notarized affidavit? Are there any services that we have to submit the form then they will do it like WES or I need to have an explain letter by myself?

eefam2017

Mar 30, 2017
Manila
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2016
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
05/04/2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/03/2017
thuong said:
;) thank you very much, I think it would help :D. Can you tell me how to get a a notarized affidavit? Are there any services that we have to submit the form then they will do it like WES or I need to have an explain letter by myself?
A local lawyer in our government office did it for me. But you can actually just make the letter/affidavit (you can google one for template) and just bring it over to a notarizing office too.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
thuong said:
Hello everyone. I am filling out the ECA for my degrees and have a question regarding to my name on those papers. My name in the passport and bachelor degree was written like this:

Family name (VU) - Middle name (THANH) - First name (HUONG),

while my master degree in the UK was written as

First name (HUONG) - Middle name (THANH) - Family name (VU)

When filling WES form, they ask if my documents show other name and there was option so I chose:
Previous (given) name: Vu
Previous (first) name: Thanh
Previous (given) name: Huong
In the summary page, it shows my personal information as Huong Thanh Vu and my previous name (actually this is my name in the passport) is Vu Thanh Huong.
This is very confusing. I'm wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me. What should I do?. Is this going to be a problem on my application?
Thank you very much
Along with your application send your passport copy also and ask them to give Your name as in Passport on the ECA report.
You dont need to provide more info or docs for this.

Zinia Mustafa

Oct 29, 2018
I'm facing the same problem now,my nickname is added in my educational certificates and ECA report but in all other documents nickname is not added! Will a notarized affidavit help?