+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! My husband got deported, did not inform immi ,cross u.s border illegally

jess2027

Jun 7, 2016
my husband was deported from canada ,He made a stupid decision to enter the U.S illegally without letting immigration know he left .he was caught in the U.S and went to county jails n immigration jail. he doesn't speak English to well he doesn't understand anything about immigration i still believe his lawyer and the man that works for his lawyer took advantage of that.giving him all the wrong info

he thought it would be good to go to the u.s and we do the outland sponsorhip, now the lawyer in the states informed him that he can not do that , he has to go back home.
he having a hard time believing it , his scared that if he goes back home ,Canada will not accept him back because he left without letting them know anything

i feel bad for him because all he can do is listen to lawyers and others about his decisions he doesn't know for himself.

the fact that he left 3 weeks eariler after being deported from canada after his refgue case was denied , the fact he did not notify immigration that he left the country . is it a nono to sponsor him if he goes back to his home country ? will his mistake effect the application ?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can still sponsor him when he goes back to his home country. It will affect the application, yes, but people have been approved in similar circumstances. Include a lot of proof that the relationship is genuine.
Once he is back in his home country, I suggest you get a lawyer to help you with the forms, as this is a complicated case.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
I am sure CiC would want to know :
1. Why did he enter US illegally ?
2. why didn't he inform immigration when he was leaving ? What was he trying to achieve, what was his motive?

Now all this questions may not have straightforward answers and as a result , you will definitely need a lawyer.

But Yes, u can always sponsor him when he gets back to his country.

SO let him go back home, gather papers, and u can sponsor him, but let him get a lawyer.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
I don't know why your husband has been deported from canada. he can travel to US without informing the CIC. as long as he has Valid OWP then he's good enough. Unless he did something wrong in US he can be deported anytime.

Lons

May 15, 2016
erwinjohn997 said:
I don't know why your husband has been deported from canada. he can travel to US without informing the CIC. as long as he has Valid OWP then he's good enough. Unless he did something wrong in US he can be deported anytime.
Her husband may have been required to verify his exit with CBSA when he left the country. If he received a departure order and did not verify his exit at the border, that departure order would have automatically become a deportation order. He would need to file for an ARC to be allowed to return to Canada.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Lons said:
Her husband may have been required to verify his exit with CBSA when he left the country. If he received a departure order and did not verify his exit at the border, that departure order would have automatically become a deportation order. He would need to file for an ARC to be allowed to return to Canada.
That's true, a departure order automatically becomes a deportation order. Once a departure order is issued by CBSA you have to let immigration know you are leaving the country. It also helps if you want to come back into the country and needed an ARC.

jess2027

Jun 7, 2016
thanks everyone for your help. he does for a lawyer in the U.S he got deported after his refugee claim was denied . he left because to cross the u.s border because his scared to go back home, he thought it was a good decision and i could sponsor him there . but we found out that's not the case. i dont know what he needs his scared to go home and would be stuck there forever if he can't come back to canada and have his life fall apart. he regrets his decision he feel very stupid.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The fact that he filed a false refugee claim here in Canada and illegally entered the US shows a very strong intent to get out of his country by any means necessary. You face an uphill battle in proving your relationship; between that and the ARC process, can expect a very long processing time and most likely an interview. Note that any interview would be held in his home country.

M

mikeymyke

canuck_in_uk said:
The fact that he filed a false refugee claim here in Canada and illegally entered the US shows a very strong intent to get out of his country by any means necessary. You face an uphill battle in proving your relationship; between that and the ARC process, can expect a very long processing time and most likely an interview. Note that any interview would be held in his home country.
The hardest part of this whole process isnt the refugee thing, but rather proving to CIC he is marrying you for love, not to stay in canada. Keep in mind he will have an interview at his home country and since he is too afraid to return, then he wont be able to attend, so then its almost an automatic refusal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
canuck_in_uk said:
I completely agree. You should expect long processing times for your sponsorship application and I'll be shocked if he doesn't have to attend an interview. Being illegal in the US will only make this situation worse. He should return to his home country as soon as possible and stay there.

jess2027

Jun 7, 2016
canuck_in_uk----- who are you to say he did a false refugee case, we been together for 3 years. there's reasons why his refuge case was denied . i understand its a long road ahead one thing is for sure our relationship is genuine its not fake. srry but i am way too young to waste my time with a man that doesn't love me and is using me. I'm the one that got us to runway and get married he was the one scared because his family did not want him with me because i'm black.

SO to everyone that is so use to hearing about people using people to come to a country some of us actually have real loving relationships. all we want is to have a better life in a country to call home .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jess2027 said:
canuck_in_uk----- who are you to say he did a false refugee case, we been together for 3 years. there's reasons why his refuge case was denied . i understand its a long road ahead one thing is for sure our relationship is genuine its not fake. srry but i am way too young to waste my time with a man that doesn't love me and is using me. I'm the one that got us to runway and get married he was the one scared because his family did not want him with me because i'm black.

SO to everyone that is so use to hearing about people using people to come to a country some of us actually have real loving relationships. all we want is to have a better life in a country to call home .
You've misunderstood the comments that have been posted. This has nothing to do with what any of us think of your relationship. We are explaining how CIC will view your relationship. Failed refugee claims, deportations and illegal status are all things that make CIC concerned the relationship isn't genuine. Again, your husband should leave the US and return to his home country ASAP. His application is already complicated enough as it is.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This story just keeps getting worse.

I wish the OP and her husband all the best in what will undoubtedly be a very difficult journey.

Roland

Sep 19, 2014
I believe it depends who handles the case. Obviously he needs a lawyer. This situation needs a clean legal advicer.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You've misunderstood the comments that have been posted. This has nothing to do with what any of us think of your relationship. We are explaining how CIC will view your relationship. Failed refugee claims, deportations and illegal status are all things that make CIC concerned the relationship isn't genuine. Again, your husband should leave the US and return to his home country ASAP. His application is already complicated enough as it is.
Actually, canuck_in_uk DID say that it was a false refugee claim...for some reason. ??

Maybe, it was meant to say "a failed refugee claim"?