+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Minor Accompanying Parent with Study Permit

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Good day,

From CIC website:

"If they’re (minor) coming to Canada with parents who have a valid study or work permit, they don’t need to provide a letter of acceptance (LoA) from a school when they apply for a study permit"

I am applying for my study visa/permit and that of my child but imm1294e form requires LoA for my child and also requires that i fill in the school details. Do i use mine for her or what do i do?

Please help.
Thank you.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Upload a LOE saying child is accompanying parent on SP. Child will be registered in appropriate school with the relevant School Board after landing. For school details say "To Be Determined".

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Upload a LOE saying child is accompanying parent on SP. Child will be registered in appropriate school with the relevant School Board after landing. For school details say "To Be Determined".
Thank you so so much for the response.
This is so helpful.
God bless.

Cherukei

Apr 16, 2021
Hello,
Please I just got my visa approved and now I want to apply for my 3 children to accompany me to Canada.
I will like to know what are the required documents needed for application study permit for minors

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
Please I just got my visa approved and now I want to apply for my 3 children to accompany me to Canada.
I will like to know what are the required documents needed for application study permit for minors
How old are your children and why didn’t you apply for them with your study permit. They were your tie to return to your home country. You apply for visitor visas depending on ages. Processing can take a long time and they also need written authorization to travel since you didn’t apply with them in the first place.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
You can attempt to bring them with you to Canada although it is not guaranteed, Primarily you will need to show that you have a lot more funds to cover their costs, costs of bigger housing, childcare costs if applicable, etc. There is no official criteria of whose families get approved but studying for a more advanced degree does help as long as you have the extra funds.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello,
For children above 5 years, you need study permits. Younger children should apply for visitor's visa. You can use the same "study to canada" tool that you used for yourself to generate the required documents and forms.

Like others have said, it's tricky to apply separately for them now given COVID. There are no guarantees on how long it will take or whether they will even be granted..

ROSELYNNE

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
hi please suggest how to enrol children in schols, when will their study permit be issued,
can anyone suggest some good public HIGH schools in BRITISH COLUMBIA

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
hi please suggest how to enrol children in schols, when will their study permit be issued,
The school board in the area where you'll live will place your children in schools in your neighbourhood. Generally, all public schools are good. So basically your address will determine the school they attend.

You need to apply for their study permits the same way you applied for yours, except they won't need an admission letter.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Where are you living is where they will be going to school. Contact the local school board.

edumnoi

May 7, 2021
Good day,

From CIC website:

"If they’re (minor) coming to Canada with parents who have a valid study or work permit, they don’t need to provide a letter of acceptance (LoA) from a school when they apply for a study permit"

I am applying for my study visa/permit and that of my child but imm1294e form requires LoA for my child and also requires that i fill in the school details. Do i use mine for her or what do i do?

Please help.
Thank you.
Hello,
Wondering how you completed imm1294e for the kids since they do not have LoA? Please let me know.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello,
Wondering how you completed imm1294e for the kids since they do not have LoA? Please let me know.
Upload a Letter of Explanation (LOE) saying child is accompanying parent on SP and that child will be registered in appropriate school with the relevant School Board after landing. For school details say "To Be Determined".

edumnoi

May 7, 2021
Thank you very much. Just to clarify I am also applying for SP same time and not yet been approved. Is that the same case ??

desupreme

Jul 16, 2023
Where would this letter of explanation be uploaded is it on the same column as the application for student permit

desupreme

Jul 16, 2023
My wife has a student permit and now trying to bring my 8 year old daughter on student permit but the form won't validate because it's asking for acceptance letter and school details I don't see any option for N/A I see people out here say upload a letter of explanation my question now is what do I fill on the form so it validates secondly what colum will I upload this letter of explanation thanks awaiting your kind response