+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help me out?

Sarahelsa

Feb 18, 2020
Ive received my gic certificate but is there chances of visa rejection related to funds?
I was informed after receiving gic that the amount to be tranformed for qubec immigration has been changed from 10200 to 11000 cad so will this affect my visa process?

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Ive received my gic certificate but is there chances of visa rejection related to funds?
I was informed after receiving gic that the amount to be tranformed for qubec immigration has been changed from 10200 to 11000 cad so will this affect my visa process?
Yes, it might affect your application if the minimum requirement is 11000CAD

I would suggest you to contact the financial institution and tell them about the situation, they might help you out as they're the one showing funds on your behalf.

Sarahelsa

Feb 18, 2020
I contacted scotio bank statinh my problem and they told me the amount is still 10200 not 11000 cad and they havent received any information regarding this, but this information is still stated on the IRCC webiste. So shouldnt scotio bank be informed first if a new rule was passed out? Should i be concerned?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I contacted scotio bank statinh my problem and they told me the amount is still 10200 not 11000 cad and they havent received any information regarding this, but this information is still stated on the IRCC webiste. So shouldnt scotio bank be informed first if a new rule was passed out? Should i be concerned?
Post link to website

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
The information might not be official till now, I think then it won't be a problem for you but still I would advice you to get the same in writing from the bank ( in email ) so that you do have an evidence for future reference.

Furthermore have you called the Canadian Embassy in your hometown ?

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
No i have not contacted them.
Should i call up the customer care number or just let this be?
Call them up and tell them about it, if they do tell you that at least 11000CAD is required then request them to officially email you and forward the same to the bank.

Tell them that as well what bank has said you.

Because at the end if something happens, you would be having all the proofs and evidence to show them that you were following up and was misguided.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Call them up and tell them about it, if they do tell you that at least 11000CAD is required then request them to officially email you and forward the same to the bank.

Tell them that as well what bank has said you.

Because at the end if something happens, you would be having all the proofs and evidence to show them that you were following up and was misguided.
Did you informed the bank your program is "In Quebec" and the page where it's stated (i.e the link)? Most bank official may not know the difference, as majority of student will be studying outside Quebec.

Sarahelsa

Feb 18, 2020
Yes i did specifically inform them about this.
And the person who picked up did confirm with sone senior officers.

Sarahelsa

Feb 18, 2020
I called scotio bank again right now to confirm and they gave me the same information that there has been no changes and they cant find anything on the official website and they also stated that they should be the ones first to know. So il just leave this and move on with my visa process?