+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help me: Indian parents need Visitor Medical Insurance.

smartindian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
hi folks,

sub: Indian parents need Visitor Medical Insurance.

I study in University of Calgary and my parents will visit Canada in April to Sept (165 days).
My father : 75 years old, had a heart attack in 2011 but stable from then. No hospitalization after that.
He takes regular medications (aspirin etc.) and will bring with him from India.
Mother: 61 years old, completely healthy.

I checked with "Safevisit insurance" and they asked my price of $ 1500 for my father and $ 1000 for my mother.
It is too expensive for me.

I already checked policybazar.com and getting similar price from "Religare insurance".
Kindly advice me any Indian insurance company which can cover their medical insurance.

suggestions pls............. :)

Best regards,
Rashmi

gprasad.n

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
USA
App. Filed.......
06/2014
Med's Request
12/2014
Med's Done....
01/2015
Passport Req..
04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/2015
LANDED..........
11/2015
smartindian said:
hi folks,

I study in University of Calgary and my parents will visit Canada in April to Sept (165 days).
My father : 75 years old, had a heart attack in 2011 but stable from then. No hospitalization after that.

I checked with "Safevisit insurance" and they asked my price of $ 1500 for my father and $ 1000 for my mother.

I already checked policybazar.com and getting similar price from "Religare insurance".
Kindly advice me any Indian insurance company which can cover their medical insurance.

Best regards,
Rashmi

Check with AIG in India, I heard it is lot cheaper with good coverage and direct billing as well. My relatives got it from India before visiting here.

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
The price for the policy would depend on the amount of coverage and deductible you select apart from whether or not an applicant has stable pre-existing medical conditions.

You can see different coverage amounts and deductible option here - Insurance for Visitors to Canada

On average, given the age of your parents the price for the policy would be starting from around $1,200 with a minimal coverage amount.

Last edited:

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
smartindian said:
hi folks,

Best regards,
Rashmi
Bear in mind that the prices you were given were for 1 year of coverage. Most policies provide you with refunds of the unused amounts if your parents stay for less than 1 year and don't make any claims.