+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP ME , CHANGING THE COURSE

stevenpham45

Jan 12, 2016
Im having an issue that:
Im a student from Vietnam, i got my student visa to canada in November for the course in January , and i came here in 20 December
but now i dont like this course anymore ( PDD of Marketing ) and i change it to Diploma of Hospitality, which will start at September
so my course will take in next 8months so im wondering can i stay without studying, because i have my sister and my uncle and aunt here, so i can enjoy the life in canada and travelling to some other cities in 8 months , or i have to go back my country until August or Septermber ( before the course start )
Please help me , thank you, and give me any references if you help

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
stevenpham45 said:
Im having an issue that:
Im a student from Vietnam, i got my student visa to canada in November for the course in January , and i came here in 20 December
but now i dont like this course anymore ( PDD of Marketing ) and i change it to Diploma of Hospitality, which will start at September
so my course will take in next 8months so im wondering can i stay without studying, because i have my sister and my uncle and aunt here, so i can enjoy the life in canada and travelling to some other cities in 8 months , or i have to go back my country until August or Septermber ( before the course start )
Please help me , thank you, and give me any references if you help
Hi stevenpham, as a rule you can't stay in Canada if you are not attending your classes. If study permit will be invalid. Rest you can call the High commission in Canada and confirm.

stevenpham45

Jan 12, 2016
so it means that if i change my course to septermber i will have to back to my country and can not stay in canada without attending classes? and do you know is there any way to stay? like visitor visa or apply for a short course?

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
stevenpham45 said:
so it means that if i change my course to septermber i will have to back to my country and can not stay in canada without attending classes? and do you know is there any way to stay? like visitor visa or apply for a short course?
Since you are an international student, there will be very limited options available for you to apply for the short courses. I will suggest you to call the Canada High Commission and confirm. They will give you the precise information.