+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: LMO and Live-in-caregiver progam!

C

Carol m

Hi everybody!

ok here is the scenario.My boyfriend and I are both swiss and we really would like to live and work in canada. He's a health and safety inspector and it's so hard to find work for him. he needs to find a company who would give him a contract and get the LMO so he can apply for a work permit.but as soon as they know he's not yet alllowed to work here, there is no chance!
so here is my question...

1. Are there companies (health and safety) who hire specific people from overseas?

I'm thinking to do the Live-in-caregiver program at TLC School in Edmonton.
my question is...

1. If I take the 6-month school and do the live-in program, would my boyfriend(common-law) get a work permit too?

Thank you already for any responses!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Carol m said:
Hi everybody!

ok here is the scenario.My boyfriend and I are both swiss and we really would like to live and work in canada. He's a health and safety inspector and it's so hard to find work for him. he needs to find a company who would give him a contract and get the LMO so he can apply for a work permit.but as soon as they know he's not yet alllowed to work here, there is no chance!
so here is my question...

1. Are there companies (health and safety) who hire specific people from overseas?

I'm thinking to do the Live-in-caregiver program at TLC School in Edmonton.
my question is...

1. If I take the 6-month school and do the live-in program, would my boyfriend(common-law) get a work permit too?

Thank you already for any responses!
1. He would have to find them, he could check of monster.com or any of the other work sites.
2. Nope, LCP is a low skilled, so a spouse would not get an open work permit.

PMM

C

Carol m

Help: LMO and Live-in-caregiver progam!

Thank you for your quick answer :)

The thing is why i was asking about the work permit for him, i have a friend ans she's a live-in-caregiver.her 2 years are over and she's applying for the PR.as soon as possible her husband and 9 year old daughter are coming over. she said that they're changing the law and you're able to bring a family member over after the 3 month you have started your program.
Is any of that true?

and something else, what's better, to tell in the cover letter that we don't have a work visa yet... or not to mention it and try to explain the situation at the job interview?

thank you !i really appreciate that!!!! :)