+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! live-in caregiver apply for pr

honeylemontea

Jan 15, 2010
I have just read lai1279 timeline for PR APPLICATION under live-in care giver program. We send the application at the same day,the cic received the my application at the same day as her, and it has been start to processed at the same day. lai1279 has already got her owp, however i have got nothing yet. I have checked online for the status of my application, it still shows "in processing". Anybody know what happened to my application. Also my work promit is gonna expired on 24th of this month. what gonna happen if i have not got my owp after 24th?I am start to panic. anybody can help?

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Hey honey, since the application is over six months with them,the best thing is to call them as ask for the status of your application but all I can say is cic is very slow these days. I know you get your AIP before the end of July.

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
honeylemontea said:
I have just read lai1279 timeline for PR APPLICATION under live-in care giver program. We send the application at the same day,the cic received the my application at the same day as her, and it has been start to processed at the same day. lai1279 has already got her owp, however i have got nothing yet. I have checked online for the status of my application, it still shows "in processing". Anybody know what happened to my application. Also my work promit is gonna expired on 24th of this month. what gonna happen if i have not got my owp after 24th?I am start to panic. anybody can help?
Hi there
I'm from Pakistan and need some information about L.C.P.
My Canadian brother wants to sponsor me under Live in caregiver program to look after his 2 yrs old son.He lives in Totonto.
What I want to confirm is...
a) Can a foreign living brother/sister be sponsored for LCP?
b) Are such applications refused at the local visa office? even if positive LMO has been issued??I've heard that they are refused because the employer is a sibling.

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
owp-pr application sent-11-21-09(LC1)
Hi,I'm guessing that you will receive your OWP before your current permit expire..that's exactly what happened to me..my permit expiration date was july 10 and they sent the OWP july 6 and I got it july monday...so don't worry but for your peace of mind call cic..

honeylemontea

Jan 15, 2010
Monalizy said:
Hey honey, since the application is over six months with them,the best thing is to call them as ask for the status of your application but all I can say is cic is very slow these days. I know you get your AIP before the end of July.
thank u!I have tried to call them but never be able to talk to them. The line always busy. Hope I can get it on time.

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey honey :D,
Me too. I am waiting after submitting LC2. Like to know the updates of yours.
Suee

honeylemontea said:
Also i am apply for myself only and lai1279 apply for her and her family.

honeylemontea

Jan 15, 2010
I feel relieved now. I have check my status online today. it shows "Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on July 19, 2010 to ...(address) about the decision on your application. " ;D

honeylemontea

Jan 15, 2010
lai1279 said:
Hi,I'm guessing that you will receive your OWP before your current permit expire..that's exactly what happened to me..my permit expiration date was july 10 and they sent the OWP july 6 and I got it july monday...so don't worry but for your peace of mind call cic..
thank you lai1279 ! hope i can recieve it before my work permit expired. let's pray.
by the way did you recieved your OWP after that the web showed "Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted."

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Hi....u will receive it bfore ur permit expire..and yes I received OWP after the status on my ecas had change to decision made.this week u will surely receive it...be happy!!!God bless!!!!

honeylemontea said:
thank you lai1279 ! hope i can recieve it before my work permit expired. let's pray.
by the way did you recieved your OWP after that the web showed "Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted."

chusana

Jan 20, 2010
Hi Lai and Honeyly,

I am just wondering why is it that medical results has been received that says on your updates before you got your open workpermit. I am also expecting for my open workpermit by this month of August and I did not go for medical yet. My question is were you able to have your medical examination already? Because what I know is that, Are they not going to send you open workpermit together with the medical request. Please clarify these things for me. Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
chusana said:
Hi Lai and Honeyly,

I am just wondering why is it that medical results has been received that says on your updates before you got your open workpermit. I am also expecting for my open workpermit by this month of August and I did not go for medical yet. My question is were you able to have your medical examination already? Because what I know is that, Are they not going to send you open workpermit together with the medical request. Please clarify these things for me. Thanks!
I think for new LCP PR applicants, there are no medicals anymore.

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
@chusana..I think there's no more 2nd medical for us..there's no letter frm immigration that clarify this but base on e-cas it seems like that...