+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Landing in August. What are Job Opportunities in Halifax, Nova Scotia?

Oct 10, 2018
Hi.
I ask this for a friend who is immigrating to Canada - understands English well, speaks moderately, but has no writing experience. Was an expert JCB (heavy machinery) handler in India and Dubai. His NOC is 7521.

How are job opportunities for such a skill set in Nova Scotia? Especially Halifax? He has decided to land there because his wife is into healthcare, and everybody says NS is the best place for healthcare jobs. She is good with her English as well.
I did some research on my own and though I was able to find good job opportunities, still not sure on what sectors are in-demand and how is the overall attitude of local employers towards immigrants. Any inputs are welcome. They land in August end.

Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what kind of healthcare? wouldn't say NS is the place for healthcare jobs. Hope they have done their research and looked into relicensing if necessary. If she is looking for jpns in a nursing home there is certainly an older population in thr Maritimes. Your friend should work on his language skills. Without being able to write in English it will difficult to get many jobs.

Oct 10, 2018
Thank you for the response.
So his writing skills are okay - can get basic financial, admin work done in English, but definitely not a writer, or anyone whose job depends upon framing sentences in English. He's to make his career in heavy machinery only.
But it is his wife for whom they've taken up the decision to land in NS. She plans to take up RPN, already has over 10 years's experience in nursing across two countries. I am also searching for resources that have reliable stats on Halifax job sector.