App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
April 5 2017
IELTS Request
Jan. 7 2017
Med's Request
May 3 2017
In February I went to the Korean embassy in DC to get the necessary background check. I received it and I submitted my E-APR application May 16th 2017. I have come to find out that the background check they gave me is not the right one.

I am looking for someone with experience with getting a background check from Korea to answer or any Koreans who are immigrating to Canada to answer for possible help.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
If you have friends in Korea, ask them to apply Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) at local police station. It will cost 60000 won per certificate. You have to present alien card copy. You can apply it Korea only.

kor_temp

Jun 27, 2017
It takes way longer, but one can ask for the certificate at the embassy or consulate.
You must specify the "Scope of Reference (조회목적)" as "Including any lapsed records (실효된 형 포함)," not as "For permission of foreign country immigration and stay (외국 입국 체류 허가용)."
Although the latter sounds correct, CIC specifically asks one 'including any lapsed records.' If the certificate does not include them, CIC doesn't accept the application. I have read that someone got rejection because of that.

Last edited:

happyumi012

Oct 23, 2016
CIC doesn't receive certificate from the embassy or consulate.
You have to submit 'Including any lapsed records (실효된 형 포함)'. It is only issued in Korea.
If you are not in Korea, you should find a friend who can help you complecated process.
Or find a reliable, professional agency in Korea.
It just takes 1~2days if you choose express service.
They have operators who can speak both English and Chinese.
Here is website and email address you can contact.
http://allminwon.com/global/index.php
happy@allminwon.com / parkyh@allminwon.com

Reactions: IndoKori