+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - Is my PCC valid

needhelp09

May 2, 2019
Hi there,

My scenario is this: I have come down to my home country (India) end of April for a month vacation. I thought of applying for PCC here thinking it would be cheaper (cost around 10 CAD in comparison to having done in Toronto around 40 CAD). Also, realised I didn't read the website regarding PCC thoroughly, I just knew I had to get PCC for my PR process and wanted to get it ready asap.

So I applied for it in India, I just got my PCC on May 15th and I am leaving India to Toronto only on May 29th. I have been living in Toronto for the past 2 years i.e. completed a course in Toronto and currently under PGWP. My concern now is that, as I got my PCC during my stay still in India, will it still be valid? Or it is valid only after I left India and applied in Canada?
Also, do I need to get a PCC from Canada as I am currently residing there and living in Toronto for 2 years?

Based on CIC website:

For the country where you currently live (Is this supposed to be Canada for me?)
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:
  • must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country (Will this be India for me?)
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row. (This is where I'm confused, it says since the last time you visited? So, the PCC that I just received while still staying in India, is it valid or did I apply it too soon? Am I supposed to apply only after I leave India (after my 1-month vacation? Though I have lived there for 25 years prior to me coming down to Canada for studies)

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live

Any help to clear my doubts will be immensely appreciated!
Thank you!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi there,

My scenario is this: I have come down to my home country (India) end of April for a month vacation. I thought of applying for PCC here thinking it would be cheaper (cost around 10 CAD in comparison to having done in Toronto around 40 CAD). Also, realised I didn't read the website regarding PCC thoroughly, I just knew I had to get PCC for my PR process and wanted to get it ready asap.

So I applied for it in India, I just got my PCC on May 15th and I am leaving India to Toronto only on May 29th. I have been living in Toronto for the past 2 years i.e. completed a course in Toronto and currently under PGWP. My concern now is that, as I got my PCC during my stay still in India, will it still be valid? Or it is valid only after I left India and applied in Canada?
Also, do I need to get a PCC from Canada as I am currently residing there and living in Toronto for 2 years?

Based on CIC website:

For the country where you currently live (Is this supposed to be Canada for me?)
  • must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row. (This is where I'm confused, it says since the last time you visited? So, the PCC that I just received while still staying in India, is it valid or did I apply it too soon? Am I supposed to apply only after I leave India (after my 1-month vacation? Though I have lived there for 25 years prior to me coming down to Canada for studies)

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row

Thank you!
get a new PCC from Toronto

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hi there,

Based on CIC website:

• must not be expired

Thank you!
Get a new PCC for India. U don’t need to provide Canadian PCC upfront. If ircc needs it they will ask for rcmp record