+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help in IRCC Web Form

annakakda

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
My husband is planning to update his legal status in the US via web form for his study permit (the grace period of his F1 is going to expire and he has filed for change of status in mid June). He has two questions:

1, Under the question "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada," there is a note "IMPORTANT: If you’re currently being impacted by COVID-19, answer No to this question." What does this note mean? He actually submitted his application online since end March and does not know which office process his application. IRCC has not started any review so far, even though he has given his biometrics on July 23. So, should he answer YES or NO?
2, Does the web form allow attachment? We cannot find an option for it. So, all we can do is just to explain the situation?

Thanks.

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
1. When they say "IMPORTANT: If you’re currently being impacted by COVID-19, answer No to this question” my understanding is that this is more for people who have to for example submit documents/biometrics or do medical exams and cannot due to offices being closed. And, they won’t be able to provide those required documents within the time frame given by IRCC.
2. Yes, the webform allows to attach documents after filling out the first page. On the second page you would be asked if you want to attach any documents to your webform.

good luck !

Reactions: annakakda

annakakda

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
1. When they say "IMPORTANT: If you’re currently being impacted by COVID-19, answer No to this question” my understanding is that this is more for people who have to for example submit documents/biometrics or do medical exams and cannot due to offices being closed. And, they won’t be able to provide those required documents within the time frame given by IRCC.
2. Yes, the webform allows to attach documents after filling out the first page. On the second page you would be asked if you want to attach any documents to your webform.

good luck !
It seems that different people have different understandings of that statement. My husband has given his biometrics already, but we live in Los Angeles and the VAC office is closed due to COVID-19. So, in this case, I guess we are impacted by COVID-19 still ??

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
L
It seems that different people have different understandings of that statement. My husband has given his biometrics already, but we live in Los Angeles and the VAC office is closed due to COVID-19. So, in this case, I guess we are impacted by COVID-19 still ??
looking at it from that angle, I guess yes you are impacted by COVID 19. Selecting “No” won’t hurt your application. Let us know how it goes and hopefully the outcome will be positive.

Reactions: annakakda