+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help in filling out Sponsor Questionnaire

Eight

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
Hi Guys! How are you? I am trying to fill up "Sponsor questionnaire (IMM5540E) form in the process of sponsoring my partner from Philippines. I am a little bit confused. Here are my questions:

1. "Have you resided in countries other than Canada?" Since birth, I live in the Philippines. Then after graduation 2005, I went to China to work there for 3 years then came back to Philippines in 2008. I came to Canada in 2010 as a working permit and became PR September 2012. Should I give details of my stay in Philippines since my birth to 1980? Or Is it asking whether I lived any other country after I came to Canada?

2. Do you have children?" My partner has a son to his previous relationship. Should I consider as my child also since we are married?

3. Are you living with someone? Right now, I am living with friends of course with my partner in the house that I am renting. Of course, we share for the rental. Should I write down their names?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eight said:
Hi Guys! How are you? I am trying to fill up "Sponsor questionnaire (IMM5540E) form in the process of sponsoring my partner from Philippines. I am a little bit confused. Here are my questions:

1. "Have you resided in countries other than Canada?" Since birth, I live in the Philippines. Then after graduation 2005, I went to China to work there for 3 years then came back to Philippines in 2008. I came to Canada in 2010 as a working permit and became PR September 2012. Should I give details of my stay in Philippines since my birth to 1980? Or Is it asking whether I lived any other country after I came to Canada?

2. Do you have children?" My partner has a son to his previous relationship. Should I consider as my child also since we are married?

3. Are you living with someone? Right now, I am living with friends of course with my partner in the house that I am renting. Of course, we share for the rental. Should I write down their names?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
1. Yes, you have lived in countries other than Canada. List each country, the address you lived at, and the period of your stay.

2. I'm unsure about this one. I don't know if step-children count. Maybe someone else can answer this.

3. Yes, list all the people you are living with and their relationship to you. That way you can indicate which one is your partner and which are your roommates.

Eight

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
KelseyTVS said:
1. Yes, you have lived in countries other than Canada. List each country, the address you lived at, and the period of your stay.

2. I'm unsure about this one. I don't know if step-children count. Maybe someone else can answer this.

3. Yes, list all the people you are living with and their relationship to you. That way you can indicate which one is your partner and which are your roommates.
Thank you, Kelsey! Hope someone can answer number 2 question.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you have official adopted him, I would answer `no' to that question.
http://roadtocanada.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8118

Your partner will need to list his son as non-accompanying, (which means that he will need a medical exam as well), or he would be forever barred from sponsoring him (later) to Canada. He (son) will also be listed on the IMM5406 form; Additional Family Members. You do not need to complete this form, but he should list you as his Common-Law Partner on his form (even though you are his sponsor).

Eight

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
Ponga said:
Unless you have official adopted him, I would answer `no' to that question.
http://roadtocanada.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8118

Your partner will need to list his son as non-accompanying, (which means that he will need a medical exam as well), or he would be forever barred from sponsoring him (later) to Canada. He (son) will also be listed on the IMM5406 form; Additional Family Members. You do not need to complete this form, but he should list you as his Common-Law Partner on his form (even though you are his sponsor).
Thank you for the reply,Ponga. I am sorry, I am confused in your first sentence. "Your partner will need to list his son as non-accompanying, (which means that he will need a medical exam as well), or he would be forever barred from sponsoring him (later) to Canada" Does this mean that my partner's son will not be included in processing in the application?

Yes, he definitely include his son in IMM5406 and he listed me as his spouse in the form.