+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Implied Status

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I have a question for my friend, please help.

When she applied inland, she didn't apply the PEP at the same time. Now she just got her AOR1, and wanted to apply OWP. If she sends out the OWP application and it would be in process, will she have implied status? Or in order to gain implied status, she had to submit the inland application and OWP at the same time?
Your help will be greatly appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question for my friend, please help.

When she applied inland, she didn't apply the PEP at the same time. Now she just got her AOR1, and wanted to apply OWP. If she sends out the OWP application and it would be in process, will she have implied status? Or in order to gain implied status, she had to submit the inland application and OWP at the same time?
Your help will be greatly appreciated!
I'm not sure I know what a PEP is.

What's her current status in Canada? Does she still have valid status at this time?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I'm not sure I know what a PEP is.

What's her current status in Canada? Does she still have valid status at this time?
Thank you very much for the reply.
Sorry, the PEP is a typo. It meant to be OWP. Yes, her visitor status is still valid, but is about to expire.

I saw seniors talk about that the applicant will gain implied status, if the applicant submits OWP with inland application. I think that it doesn't really make sense of why the applicant doesn't have implied status just by submitting the inland application alone. Both OWP and inland application are applications to adjust legal status in Canada, and why is that OWP will provide implied status, while the inland application will not.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much for the rely.
Sorry, the PEP is a typo. It meant to be OWP. Yes, her visitor status is still valid, but is about to expire.

I saw seniors talk about that the applicant will gain implied status, if the applicant submits OWP with inland application. I think that it doesn't really make sense of why the applicant doesn't have implied status just by submitting the inland application alone. Both OWP and inland application are applications to adjust legal status in Canada, and why is that OWP will provide implied status, while the inland application will not.
If she still has valid status and submits the OWP before that status expires, she will have Implied Status after it expires while waiting for the OWP.

Reactions: Miraclejj