+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help identifying the NOC code

liuxiaohua

Sep 23, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have a question. I know that it is not directly related to EE but I don't know where to put it so I will post it here. I do apologize if this is not an appropriate place to post this.
So I am working as a care worker, and I couldn't find an NOC that matches with this. I am wondering if anyone has done this job before and would help me figuring this out.

Some of the main duties include:
  • Utilize a trauma informed approach by maintaining healthy relationships with colleagues and persons-served and the effective prevention and resolution of conflict.
  • Maintain a culture of learning, professional growth, trauma informed practice, cultural relevance and overall focus on healing and treatment for persons served.
  • Perform all job duties in accordance with Code of Conduct and Child and Youth Care Association Ethical guidelines
  • Be familiar with all medication plans and ensure medication is administered correctly.
  • Complete pre and post shift debriefs with colleagues.
  • Ensure persons-served are maintaining a healthy routine including school, cultural activities/learning, education, treatment, recreation, life skills and sleep.
  • Support emotional health of persons-served by listening, supporting effective conflict resolution and maintaining safety.
  • Promote safety in all activities of the program
  • Be familiar with the process of new client orientation upon arrival according to Policies & Procedures
  • Assist in therapeutic activities including Alateen, smudging, grounding activities, stress reduction, conflict resolution, healthy relationships, group therapy and by maintaining an effective treatment environment
  • Ensure that the program is clean and that persons-served are learning important life skills
  • Consult with persons-served on food preferences and support healthy meal planning, preparation and clean-up
  • All other duties related to provided support to persons-served
  • Ensure all mandatory training is current
  • Ensure that personnel file is updated in accordance with legislation, contractual obligations, accreditation standards and Policy and Procedure
  • Follow the Policies and Procedures and supervisor direction regarding expenses and reporting of expenses including floats and managing receipts
  • Promote effective cost saving measures to maintain high quality care and remain fiscally responsible
  • Ensure Risk Management Plan is being followed to effectively respond to risks within the program
  • Compliance with all safety procedures including the Emergency Response Plan
  • Ensure critical incidents are competed, tracked and reported according to Policy and Procedure
  • Promote positivity and hopefulness with persons-served, colleagues, stakeholders and members of the public
  • Maintain confidentiality and abide by the Oath of Confidentiality, Code of Conduct and the Child and Youth Care Association Ethical guidelines