+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help I lost all boarding passes from my first trip to canada

pepino99

May 17, 2019
I made three trips to canada, the fist one in december 2017, I lost all boarding passes , I still have payment for that trip and airline itinerary but not the boarding passes. For my second travel in september 2018 I have all my boarding passes going to canada but have only one from when I came back, and for my last entry to Canada I have them all, What can I do? Do I explain with a letter and use my receipt for my travels, and travels itinerary? I need them because they DIDNT stamp my passport the last time I came to Canada, they did stamp it the first time but not when I left the country, and they didnt stamp the second and last time I came here neither.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You do not need the boarding passes. IRCC knows that CBSA officers do not always stamp passports. However, they do have records of your travels. Just type the list of when you entered and left Canada. Explain with a letter.

Also, please wait a little more than six minutes between posting your question and posting a follow-up asking for help ;)

If I were you, I would slow down, and make a list of all the questions you will have about this process. Then make one thread about all your questions - rather than making two or three dozen of them.

Reactions: pepino99

pepino99

May 17, 2019
You do not need the boarding passes. IRCC knows that CBSA officers do not always stamp passports. However, they do have records of your travels. Just type the list of when you entered and left Canada. Explain with a letter.

Also, please wait a little more than six minutes between posting your question and posting a follow-up asking for help ;)

If I were you, I would slow down, and make a list of all the questions you will have about this process. Then make one thread about all your questions - rather than making two or three dozen of them.
Im panicking, I think I will wait until I have all the questions and will update this one or another of the threads that I already made, thank you.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Do I need affidavits for translations made by a canadian translator?
A certified Canadian translator does not need to provide an affidavit. They need to be certified and a member of their professional association, though. It cannot be a translator without certification.

Reactions: pepino99

pepino99

May 17, 2019
A certified Canadian translator does not need to provide an affidavit. They need to be certified and a member of their professional association, though. It cannot be a translator without certification.
Do I need a Financial Capacity Evaluation A-0535-A if Its only for a spouse.... they say its not necessary but Im not sure because they ask for that document in the checklist, this is obviously from QUebec.

pepino99

May 17, 2019
Then you need to follow the instructions for Quebec - so yes, you need to fill out that form. You will also need to follow all Quebec-specific instructions.
Ok I did follow but the thing is that they say that for the spouse aplication you dont need to prove your financial stuff but at the same time you have to submit that form, Do I submit it blanc saying that it doesnt apply to me

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I don't know a lot about Quebec applications, since I live in BC. However, if the checklist says it isn't necessary for your application, it isn't necessary.

pepino99

May 17, 2019
I don't know a lot about Quebec applications, since I live in BC. However, if the checklist says it isn't necessary for your application, it isn't necessary.
Excuse me I have another question, there is a new rule about social media that needs to be translated,
Provide the documents in both of the following bullets:
Proof of Contact: Provide letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations, or other documented proof of
contact between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages with your application. You must provide certified
translations in either English or French of all proof of contact documents that are not already in English or French.
Proof of your sponsor's visits,

Is this the same for this

e) If you did not answer yes to all four (4) of the above questions, also provide:
Photos of your wedding, customary celebrations, engagement, and/or outings. Provide a maximum of 20 photographs to support your
relationship (taken at different times and places). Please write your name and date of birth on the back of each photo and provide a brief
description of the context on the back of each photograph; (do not provide CD, DVD, USB keys);
AND
Select at least two of the following four options and provide the documents requested for each. Check which options you are selecting.
Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment
or insurance benefits)
Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses.
Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media
information showing a public relationship, etc.).

Social media information showing a public relationship