+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! I got flagged!

amandeepmudhar

Dec 20, 2016
hello guys, i really need your help. i came to canada on 2 jan of 2017 and have just completed 1 semester. my name on the passport is 'Amandeep' and in my college its 'Amandeep Mudhar'
before applying for visa i gave CIC my affidavit providing the information that all of info given is true and that both are the same person i.e 'Amandeep' and 'Amandeep Mudhar'
i got a mail from my college this morning saying this

Subject :- URGENT: Study Permit and Name Change Required

Dear Amandeep,

This email is to let you know that you have been flagged by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Please provide us with a copy of your Study Permit as soon as possible. You can hand in a copy at the KPU International Office (Cedar 1145, Surrey OR room 1400, Richmond) or you can send a scanned copy to internationalstudents@kpu.ca. If you send a scanned copy, please include your student number in the email.

Also, your name with CIC and your name at KPU are different. Your name at KPU has to match your passport. Please submit the attached form, along with a copy of your passport, to Student Enrolment Services as soon as possible.

Thank You.

Please help, im really scared! am i in some sort of danger! i still have all of my ID's from india and the have the same name as on my passport. just my college kpu is having my full name on it

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

amandeepmudhar said:
hello guys, i really need your help. i came to canada on 2 jan of 2017 and have just completed 1 semester. my name on the passport is 'Amandeep' and in my college its 'Amandeep Mudhar'
before applying for visa i gave CIC my affidavit providing the information that all of info given is true and that both are the same person i.e 'Amandeep' and 'Amandeep Mudhar'
i got a mail from my college this morning saying this

Subject :- URGENT: Study Permit and Name Change Required

Dear Amandeep,

This email is to let you know that you have been flagged by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Please provide us with a copy of your Study Permit as soon as possible. You can hand in a copy at the KPU International Office (Cedar 1145, Surrey OR room 1400, Richmond) or you can send a scanned copy to internationalstudents@kpu.ca. If you send a scanned copy, please include your student number in the email.

Also, your name with CIC and your name at KPU are different. Your name at KPU has to match your passport. Please submit the attached form, along with a copy of your passport, to Student Enrolment Services as soon as possible.

Thank You.

Please help, im really scared! am i in some sort of danger! i still have all of my ID's from india and the have the same name as on my passport. just my college kpu is having my full name on it

Don't worry. Looks like school will change your name on file as shown on your passport. You should keep your name exactly as shown on passport otherwise you will have same issues in future.

LilBego

Jun 13, 2022
Hi

My name is Abdullahi, I'm 22, from Nigeria..

An urgent intervention is needed from you concerning my student visa...I have completed all necessary prerequisites but getting to the airport yesterday I was told there's a restriction on my visa and that I am unable to immigrate, hence am sending this message.

I was granted a student visa, with my dad as an accompany, for I cannot fare with a new territory alone.

My school admission got expired due to the late visa permit, so I had to wait for a new admission and course registration, because the documents were required for immigration.

My new admission didn't come in early, making my dad's visa period run out of date, then my dad was ignorantly advised by a family friend in Canada to immigrate, while wait for my documents from the school.

On getting to the border, he was denied boarding pass, that he is supposed to accompany me.

My dad came back to Nigeria with no idea that my visa as the principal applicant was flagged, not until recently as we were about to travel together, we were told my visa was flagged, which made me miss my flight and my ticket payment was non refundable.

I'm already registered in the spring/summer session in University of regina, Canada, and the school has been awaiting my resumption.

Please for I can no longer delay my resumption I really hope for any ideas or solutions to my predicaments.

abdullahiKolawole3@gmail.com

Regards

Abdullahi