Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Thank you in advance for helping me. I mailed my application today, and it hit me like a ton of bricks tonight that I completely forgot to write my name on the back of my Canadian Citizenship Certificate pictures. The photographers information is all there, just not my name. It cost me $35 to mail it with signature required from the USA. Do you think they will send my application back as incomplete, or is this one of those minor issues where someone maybe kind and write my name in when they see it's missing? What a mess, I can't believe I forgot about it..... :'(

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
You don't have much of an option. Just wait and have faith.
There is a chance that if there are no other issues with your application, CIC would consider it.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
saria1 said:
Thank you in advance for helping me. I mailed my application today, and it hit me like a ton of bricks tonight that I completely forgot to write my name on the back of my Canadian Citizenship Certificate pictures. The photographers information is all there, just not my name. It cost me $35 to mail it with signature required from the USA. Do you think they will send my application back as incomplete, or is this one of those minor issues where someone maybe kind and write my name in when they see it's missing? What a mess, I can't believe I forgot about it..... :'(
Don't worry they will not. I was in exactly the same situation. My file was processed. When I called them they confirmed that as long as the date of the pictures taken and the photographers details are present the lack of the applicant signature will not result in file being rejected. It has not resulted in my case just as they said.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they did not consider the same situation i had .. they send me my file after 2 months saying my file was incomplete. i had to re apply it again :mad:

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Thank you everyone, so it sounds like it's a coin toss and most likely in my favor if the rest of the application looks good. I appreciate hearing how it worked out for you!

I was given a second set of pictures processed in the same manner and I double checked the back to confirm. It does have the photographers stamp with address and the date the photo was taken. :D

bruce1908

Jun 4, 2014
Hello Everyone !!

My application is returned to me yesterday because of the picture issue ….. I will send my application again but my question is if I need to take Celpip -General LS test again to prove my English Level??? I remember that they have changed the test little bit after April 1st ,2014… I took the Celpip -General LS on March 2014 and I was wondering if I can still use the same test results??? ….. Plz help ….Trying to find the answer but no luck yet =(

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So what exactly we need to do with the photos? Photographer dated and stamped then we have to put our name and sign?

I dont see these points mentioned in the application package.

bruce1908

Jun 4, 2014
They wanna see the stamp of studio date and your name …. So Does any body know about My Celpip question???

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bruce, sorry to hear they returned your application. I don't know about Celpip test but can you tell us what was wrong with your photos? Were they missing information on the back or sth wrong with how they were taken?
When did they receive your application? Just wanna know how long it took them to return your application.

Thanks

bruce1908 said:
They wanna see the stamp of studio date and your name .... So Does any body know about My Celpip question???

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Just to update, I received my AOR, and my application is in process. So printing my name on the back of my pictures must not have been an issue. PHEW!

BCyoungPNPer

Oct 13, 2016
bruce1908 said:
Just missing information behind the photos =( They send my application back around 5 weeks later ..
Sorry to hear that, did you have any info on the back of the photos, like place and date when photo was taken. I made the same mistake recently as I forgot to write my name and DOB. Nervous, would appreciate a response. Thanks

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bruce1908 said:
Just missing information behind the photos =( They send my application back around 5 weeks later ..
BCyoungPNPer said:
Sorry to hear that, did you have any info on the back of the photos, like place and date when photo was taken. I made the same mistake recently as I forgot to write my name and DOB. Nervous, would appreciate a response. Thanks
Dude , that was more than two years ago. You can post your request here as a reply to start new cycle of posts/reply's about the same topic or even you can start a brand new thread.
Anyways, my 2 cents here is that most probably they will return your application due to missing information on the back of the photo as this is one of the requirements. (by the way, they do not require the DOB on the back of the photo)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

Requirements
-Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
-Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs
before your application can be processed.
-Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
-Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
-Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.

But who knows, just wait, may be you are lucky enough and will receive your AOR without returning your application.

BCyoungPNPer

Oct 13, 2016
oldfriend said:
Dude , that was more than two years ago. You can post your request here as a reply to start new cycle of posts/reply's about the same topic or even you can start a brand new thread.
Anyways, my 2 cents here is that most probably they will return your application due to missing information on the back of the photo as this is one of the requirements. (by the way, they do not require the DOB on the back of the photo)

Requirements
-Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
-Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs
before your application can be processed.
-Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
-Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
-Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.

But who knows, just wait, may be you are lucky enough and will receive your AOR without returning your application.
Hey, thanks for the quick response. I am new to the blog, didn't know :(
It would suck in my case since as my nomination will definitely expire by the time I get any news from CIC. My application was for a provincial nominee and not for the citizenship, so I am following these requirements : cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp#appendixA
Its does say it "must" bear the name and DOB. I just have the date and photographer info on my photos. On BC PNP's website, they say they only provide extensions in exceptional cases. Really nervous about this whole thing.
Do you know what is the AOR right now for provincial nominee applications? Mine is straight forward application as an International Post Grad student provincial nominee and they have all info about me except medicals. Really hoping they can be reasonable about it and let it pass otherwise I will have to start the entire process all the way from nomination.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
BCyoungPNPer said:
I was the only applicant, and my photos did include the photographers stamp with their information, it was just missing my name. It was no problem, and they accepted it.