+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP: I forgot my name on pictures

Oct 30, 2020
Thank you in advance for helping me. I mailed my application today, and it hit me like a ton of bricks tonight that I completely forgot to write my name on the back of my Canadian Citizenship Certificate pictures. The photographers information is all there, just not my name. It cost me $35 to mail it with signature required from the USA. Do you think they will send my application back as incomplete, or is this one of those minor issues where someone maybe kind and write my name in when they see it's missing? What a mess, I can't believe I forgot about it..... :'(

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hello guys,

By mistake I sent unstamped photos and got my application returned today after almost 3 months.

Can someone please confirm if I have to fill in the application again with today's date or just the same application to be resent with the same set of documents with only new photographs attached.

TIA
New date preferably. Plus you will get more days counted that way, which will make your application stronger. I suggest you re-complete the Presence Calculator; you literally can copy paste everything from the old one and just add in any new travel info. Also, write down your name on the back of the photos to be safe!

Bhullar94

Dec 28, 2020
Hey guys there should not be any problem if you forget your name and DOB on back side of photos. I also forgot the name and DOB (Studio stamp & date taken was mentioned). I wrote an email to CPC Ottawa and got reply very next day stating that "There should not be any problem. If the photos meet the photography standards, your printing will proceed normally. " So just relax ...
Hi friend, I want to know did you got ur application returned? I just made the same mistake.

Bhullar94

Dec 28, 2020
Hi Saria1, was your application for provincial nominee as well? Also the new requirements as of 2016 are the Name, DOB, photographer details and date clicked to be written at the back. These are the requirements as stated on the IMMP700 or the guide for provincial nominee and the checklist for application:

The back of one (1) photograph must:

-bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio;
-bear the date the photograph was taken;
-The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

Yours was a case in 2014 and you only missed the name. I would get screwed as my nomination will expire with the current AOR times being 3 months.
I was wondering if I can send them a letter mail with my new photos and a small note as they just got my package yesterday. Would that work?
Thanks
Hi friend, did your returned? I made the same mistake as of you. Please reply thanks