+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! I am a Permanent Resident currently outside of Canada but I forgot my PR Card.

MrJS

Sep 18, 2013
Hello. I am a Canadian Permanent Resident with a Hong Kong Passport. I am currently visiting South Korea and my flight back to Canada is leaving in 2 days. Will I be able to enter Canada without my PR card?

I would like to note that my Hong Kong passport was issued inside Toronto by the Chinese Embassy. I don't know if that will make a difference. Furthermore I have with me my Ontario Driver's License and Health Card.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello. I am a Canadian Permanent Resident with a Hong Kong Passport. I am currently visiting South Korea and my flight back to Canada is leaving in 2 days. Will I be able to enter Canada without my PR card?

I would like to note that my Hong Kong passport was issued inside Toronto by the Chinese Embassy. I don't know if that will make a difference. Furthermore I have with me my Ontario Driver's License and Health Card.
No you need a PR card or PRTD. You could land in the US as another option.

Reactions: scylla

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

You say that you forgot your PR card. Ask someone to get it to you by courier if possible. Otherwise, as already said, you have to apply for the PRTD or go via the USA/Canada land border.

Reactions: scylla

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017

You probably won't be able to board the plane for Canada by the airline without your PR card or PRTD document.

Kenadian

Jun 20, 2018
Hi There,
Thanks for such a great forum! My mum is a PR here. Currently on Australia and her PR is expiring on Aug 14. She has no plans of returning here for about a year.
My question is, can I apply for her PRTD at that point? She has met her residency obligation of 2 years in the last 5 years. If I apply for PRTD now, how long is the validity.
Much appreciate your answer,

Niru