+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! HR wont write employment letter with EE requirements

tokalaangel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi all,

I work as an assistant professor at a college in the US and had requested an employment verification letter for Express Entry. On top of a sample letter format, I told them exactly what needed to be on the letter and linked the Canada immigration page should they needed more info.

But here was what I received and their reply when I requested for additional info to be included: "I used your template and provided the information that we are allowed to provide per the policy of the College."

Both the HR and my supervisor refused to add anything more to this letter because apparently there are only certain information they can include in it.

What can I do to go from here? This is 90% of my work experience so leaving it out is not an option.

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Write your work description yourself and send it again - ideally, meet them face to face (if not a call is better than an email) and tell them this is for PR application so what they have sent is while within the campus rights, it is not sufficient for your needs. And so if there is anything else they need to clear, list it and do the clearing of information with different people yourself. Or find another supervisor/mentor who can do this for you.

tokalaangel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Write your work description yourself and send it again - ideally, meet them face to face (if not a call is better than an email) and tell them this is for PR application so what they have sent is while within the campus rights, it is not sufficient for your needs. And so if there is anything else they need to clear, list it and do the clearing of information with different people yourself. Or find another supervisor/mentor who can do this for you.

I was able to find language in my Faculty Handbook that includes job duties for full-time faculty as well as a location where it refers to the contract duration as "Academic/12 month" (verses just "9 month"). If for whatever reason my Supervisor refuses, would a Letter of Explanation where I refer to those specifics (work hours, job duties) in the Faculty Handbook suffice? I can even include the entire handbook or parts of it with the items highlighted.

The last time I told my Supervisor about this, he wasn't willing to revise the letter for me.

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
I was able to find language in my Faculty Handbook that includes job duties for full-time faculty as well as a location where it refers to the contract duration as "Academic/12 month" (verses just "9 month"). If for whatever reason my Supervisor refuses, would a Letter of Explanation where I refer to those specifics (work hours, job duties) in the Faculty Handbook suffice? I can even include the entire handbook or parts of it with the items highlighted.

The last time I told my Supervisor about this, he wasn't willing to revise the letter for me.
As you did the work all those months/years, you should able to list down what you did during the period - you can refer to the handbook but I do not recommend you to just 'cut and paste' the roles. Explaining the situation in LOE is also a good idea.