+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: How long should I expect to wait after medical?

tuscanysun

Apr 27, 2016
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and would like to ask for your help. Here is my timeline (inland application, spousal sponsorship) --

Sponsor
We received your application to sponsor *** on November 26, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 30, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 29, 2015.

Applicant
We received ***'s application for permanent residence on November 26, 2014.
Medical results have been received. (Medical exam done on March 16th, 2016).

According to your experience, how much longer would I need to wait for DM and Landing Interview? The problem is that I am having some dental issues and need to go back to my home country to get the treatment. The key is how much longer do I need to wait, approximately? If it is 1-2 months more, I could wait. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!

p.s. An additional question: when I applied for PR in Nov 2014, I just arrived in Canada with visitor visa and thus did not need to submit a police clearance record from Canada. Now that I have lived in Canada for 1.5 year, would CIC require me to submit it? Would that cause further delay? Thanks again!

Jun 10, 2016
tuscanysun said:
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and would like to ask for your help. Here is my timeline (inland application, spousal sponsorship) --

Sponsor
We received your application to sponsor *** on November 26, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 30, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 29, 2015.

Applicant
We received ***'s application for permanent residence on November 26, 2014.
Medical results have been received. (Medical exam done on March 16th, 2016).

According to your experience, how much longer would I need to wait for DM and Landing Interview? The problem is that I am having some dental issues and need to go back to my home country to get the treatment. The key is how much longer do I need to wait, approximately? If it is 1-2 months more, I could wait. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!

p.s. An additional question: when I applied for PR in Nov 2014, I just arrived in Canada with visitor visa and thus did not need to submit a police clearance record from Canada. Now that I have lived in Canada for 1.5 year, would CIC require me to submit it? Would that cause further delay? Thanks again!
Am from quebec inland applicant and here is my timeline
We received your application to sponsor on September 24, 2015. mississauga
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 4, 2016.
We started processing your application on February 3, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on February 10, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Approved for Quebec CSQ on march 21 2016.
medical request on May 5 2016 .
Medical done on May 11 2016.
received AIP by email on May 16 2016.
CIC Medical Received on May 24 2016.
We sent you correspondence on May 31, 2016 about the decision on your application. Sponsorship approval approved on May 31.
Received second AOR on june 10 2016.