+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Hours of work more than 30 a week but less than a year

Dreamzgal28

Jun 3, 2014
Hi,

I have completed 40 hours of work per week for at least 9 months now and a month of part time (32 hours) and ive 3 months of work experience in a job that might not be qualified under the required skill level. My Post graduate work permit is about to expire so i am hoping to put in my application for CEC before that. Am i still eligible to apply if i haven't completed a year but have enough hours?

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
Dreamzgal28 said:
Hi,

I have completed 40 hours of work per week for at least 9 months now and a month of part time (32 hours) and ive 3 months of work experience in a job that might not be qualified under the required skill level. My Post graduate work permit is about to expire so i am hoping to put in my application for CEC before that. Am i still eligible to apply if i haven't completed a year but have enough hours?
You are not eligible to apply under CEC if the 3 months of work experience you mentioned above do not quality for CEC requirement. You should have atleast 1 year of full time work experience.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Dreamzgal28 said:
If you are not qualified, it is a waste of money and energy to apply.

1 year (52 weeks) of full-time employment is the MINIMUM. CIC considers "30 hours or more" per week to be full-time. 40 hours per week is simply full-time, you don't count the hours.

So your "part-time" hours would give you the full-time equivalent of one additional week (32/30=1.07 weeks).

So I think it all hinges on the "3 months of work experience in a job that might not be qualified." You have to figure out whether or not it is qualified, and go from there.

Are you currently working full-time? Have you asked your employer to apply for an LMO? When does your PGWP expire?

Dreamzgal28

Jun 3, 2014
Yup i've figured i should wait till the end of August to apply since it would be one full year since and in the meanwhile im looking to get my Post graduate work permit extended (expires middle of august) since i was only granted a work permit till the date of expiry on my passport.

Thanks for the input guys :)