+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help help help

Adnan_990

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
I came to canada in Dec,2021, my english course supposed to commence in january 2022, however, I withdraw my english course because when I came here I knew that I can take a duolingo test in order to avoid paying extra for english course, then I started looking for a college to study in.
The earliest date was on jan 2023 because most colleges didn’t have any open enrollment in 2022
So basically I stayed one year on study permit but without studying also I have done uber eats to cover my expenses.
I graduated in 2023 and applied for pgwp and I got my pgwp approved and everything went fine now I am applying for PR (I received ITA) will this affect my application ?

mangotorch

Mar 16, 2024
As for pgwp application, you only have to provide documents without any explanations
You are wrong my friend, in PGWP application there is a field that says if you had worked unauthorized, you working while not pursuing a full time course is without authorization, and UE is run on your sin where they keep track of your activity and online hours. I am not sure how it would pan out, maybe you need to write an LOE, I wish you the best and I am in a similar situation, but not that same also. Hopefully it will work out.

Adnan_990

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
I really thought that they meant working or studying without having study or work permit, I wasn’t fully aware of that
It is a mistake and it might bite me back anytime

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
About the unauthorized work,Ircc and cra are totally different organizations, I haven’t seen any of the cases being refused due to this…if there was no problem in pgwp. I dont think it will effect.

Adnan_990

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
About the unauthorized work,Ircc and cra are totally different organizations, I haven’t seen any of the cases being refused due to this…if there was no problem in pgwp. I dont think it will effect.
Yes but they do information sharing, and this is where you might get caught

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Yes but they do information sharing, and this is where you might get caught
What information do they share? Dont you think if they shared info , why would they for pay stubs as supporting documents? Agai, I haven’t seen anyone working full time during studies, maybe a month or 2 here and there unless someone complained. If u were genuinely mistaken. I think ur good.

Adnan_990

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
This is what I read here and on reddit as well
Anyway, do you suggest coming clean and loe in pr application explaining why did this happen or just leave it as is and hope for the best ?

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
This is what I read here and on reddit as well
Anyway, do you suggest coming clean and loe in pr application explaining why did this happen or just leave it as is and hope for the best ?
If i were you, knowing that it was a genuine mistake from my end and I didn’t declare in the pgwp. I wouldn’t bring it up. They dont have time to consult with cra over ur work details.. nor has the court bothered.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
If i were you, knowing that it was a genuine mistake from my end and I didn’t declare in the pgwp. I wouldn’t bring it up. They dont have time to consult with cra over ur work details.. nor has the court bothered.
This is a bad advice. One should be honest about everything in their application.

Reactions: Taran D